Time to go with Wolf | The Boneyard

Time to go with Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO doesn't have any choice because there are really no other options that make sense. It isn't that I think Wolf is a wonderful player. He isn't. We play with 3 guards and a slightly built SF (DD) who essentially is asked to play PF with TO at the 5. We are getting killed on the boards and it will only get worse when the BE season begins.
IMO. Ollie has to go with Wolf and let him develop. He'll make some bad decisions and probably get into foul trouble but we have to neutralize at least some of our opponents rebounding or this is going to be a very long season.
As a side note, these kids are playing their hearts out. Manual needs to get that contract done now.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% Was thinking that since Wolf went for 12 the other day. Smooth touch, nose for rebounding the ball, presence in the paint. It's not like Olander gives us the same things. Olander is slightly ahead offensively (maybe not given how Wolf played yesterday) but defensively and rebounding the ball, Wolf is miles ahead.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I concur, 0 points and 3 rebounds is not getting it done. Especially in light of the fact that we're so small he we need our bigs to rebound

Tyler needs to watch some tape of Jeff Adrien playing the game. Turn that motor on already

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'm on the bandwagon of having Wolf starting... he's not a downgrade from TO at ALL the way TO has been playing. TO seems better suited coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% Was thinking that since Wolf went for 12 the other day. Smooth touch, nose for rebounding the ball, presence in the paint. It's not like Olander gives us the same things. Olander is slightly ahead offensively (maybe not given how Wolf played yesterday) but defensively and rebounding the ball, Wolf is miles ahead.

There isn't a thing that Tyler does offensively better than Wolf, Wolf has even hit more jumpers than Tyler, the one thing he was supposed to be good at. I think they're even as passers as well.

Reaction Score

I actually think Wolf is clearly ahead of TO offensively. Wolf is hitting those jumpers that we thought Tyler was going to be hitting regularly. Wolf also has a soft touch around the rim and coupled with his height , is more dangerous than TO on the offensive glass.

Reaction Score
Wolf was very impressive last night and I'm sure he will be getting lots more minutes. If he continues to improve and OC and DD follow suit, we can be a real nice team next year if SN and RB stay.

Reaction Score
I'm really glad Wolf stuck around - we're gonna need him for the Big East battles coming up.

He is quite agile for a big guy & his play last night was a pleasant surprise.

It would be nice if he could get his averages up to 6pts & 6rbs a game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just can't fathom how well Wolf played last night.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just can't fathom how well Wolf played last night.

Why not? He did the same thing a couple weeks ago.

He can hit jumpers. He can make bunnies. He can tip the ball in. He can "handle" the ball in the high post. He's not strong and he's not a good enough rebounder, but he's got skills and he's trying. Olander has just not progressed like I was hoping. Wolf has. He's much better than TO right now. Wolf has had 2 games this season that Olander could only dream about having.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I concur, 0 points and 3 rebounds is not getting it done. Especially in light of the fact that we're so small he we need our bigs to rebound

Tyler needs to watch some tape of Jeff Adrien playing the game. Turn that motor on already

Why watch tape of Adrien when he has the best undersized power foward in the program's history on the coaching staff? Kevin Freeman should be working with him day and night.

Reaction Score
Wolfe has a great touch around the rim and looks very tall. He might have great hands . Is it bad that I think he can do more than 6 and 6 ?

Reaction Score
Wolfe has a great touch around the rim and looks very tall. He might have great hands . Is it bad that I think he can do more than 6 and 6 ?
Wolf is listed at 7'1".

Reaction Score
Yeah he looks every bit over 7 . Great size needs to keep his motor high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members