Time to give Nolan some credit | The Boneyard

Time to give Nolan some credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He pulled down 4 rebounds and had a great save-turned-assist to Purvis for a 3 at a big moment. He didn't light up the scoreboard but he gave us a good, solid effort, out-rebounding Brimah while playing 10 fewer minutes.

Reaction Score
Noticed an adjustment. Often double teamed down low, leading to a certain turnover, tonight I noticed, almost instantaneous pass back to the passer. I guess not turning the ball over has become a priority over working on any of his inside moves.

Reaction Score
He pulled down 4 rebounds and had a great save-turned-assist to Purvis for a 3 at a big moment. He didn't light up the scoreboard but he gave us a good, solid effort, out-rebounding Brimah while playing 10 fewer minutes.
Just posted that about Nolan on Twitter. I was at the game and noticed he played an excellent defensive game.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And he almost had a put back dunk. Didn't know he could get above the rim.

Reaction Score
Is this post taking a charge for Nolan? If he played physical I would love him.

C

Chief00

He did look much better. But then reality sets in - bragging about Phil getting 4 rebounds - Shabazz averaged almost 7 a game last year.

Reaction Score
He did look much better. But then reality sets in - bragging about Phil getting 4 rebounds - Shabazz averaged almost 7 a game last year.

Phil played about 25 minutes less than Shabazz averaged. Give him his damn due when it's obvious.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He played solid minutes. I just wish he didn't have that tendency to poke the ball out instead of grabbing it for the rebound. He did that once and ECU came up with the offensive board and scored a few seconds later. Solid game for Phil, I just wish he would stop doing that.

D

Deleted member 3149

His defense definitely helped to surge our offense. Believe it or not he may be the key to our season here on out

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I really hate to be the guy, but are we really congratulating a HIGH MAJOR DIVISION 1 CENTER for grabbing FOUR REBOUNDS against EAST CAROLINA. I understand this is a down year but come on now guys.

Finally someone said it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I really hate to be the guy, but are we really congratulating a HIGH MAJOR DIVISION 1 CENTER for grabbing FOUR REBOUNDS against EAST CAROLINA. I understand this is a down year but come on now guys.

Fine. He's horrible and I hope he gets the measles. Better?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Progression is always preferable to regression, no matter how small.

Reaction Score
I think Phil spent more time on the court in the 2nd half than Amida.

That's a testament to how well he played last night. He did everything the coaches asked.
He hedges and handles the pick-n-roll much better than Amida, Kentan or Lubin. He also seems to have a bit of his mobility back after playing most of the year with various leg injuries.

In short: He once again looks like the kind of guy that can eat up 10-15 minutes a night for a good team. Which is just fine - I've been told you can win a national championship with that kind of guy.

Reaction Score
Brimah has 2 Rebs and 4 points, maybe we should have a thread on that.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Exactly...come on with this. The Nolan love on this board has reached a new low with this thread. We are giving him love because he didn't do anything particularly bad this game???...he also didn't do all that much so let's call off the parade.

I give him credit for not even trying to think about shooting anymore. Any time he touched the ball on offense he chucked it right back out, if that's progress then good job Phil.

My favorite is this quote though...Nolan is the key to us turning it around - I'm not rooting for any of our players to do poorly and I liked Nolan last year when he was actually contributing, but I also wont roll out the red carpet and offer up bravos for his performance last night
His defense definitely helped to surge our offense. Believe it or not he may be the key to our season here on out

Reaction Score

Dumba** answer. Who do you expect more out of? c'mon 91 you're smarter than that.

Reaction Score

Guess you're not much of a fan. When guys hammer on him all the time shows an impact of some sort no one can give him credit? Really spoiled answer - great fan!:rolleyes:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Does the credit go to buy a Trailways bus ticket?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Phil Nolan needs to go back to wearing #0 because that's how much value he brings to the team and to anything else on the planet for that matter.
Amida Brimah has never had a rebound in all his life and a blind 85 year old midget would make a better starting center.
Omar Calhoun single-handedly ruined the Calhoun brand and everything it once brought to our program
Rodney Purvis isn't a Ferrari, he's a broken-down Datsun that was even too $hitty to be blown up in a CHIPS episode.
Boatright is a selfish ball hog who cares about nothing but himself and thinks he's the next Michael Jordan
A cardboard cut-out of Terrance from Terrance and Phillip would make a better guard than Terrance Samuel.
Forget the free Facey mantra. He needs to be locked up where he can never touch a basketball again.
Rakim Lubin makes Johnnie Selvie look like Chris Bosh.
Daniel Hamilton can do nothing with a basketball aside from turning it over.
Sam Cassell Jr must be adopted. No way is there NBA blood in his veins.
Dan may be a Guest, but he's not welcome in my house.
Lenehan is just a nerdy whiz kid and a waste of a scholarship
Marcel Lewis is a practice player than therefore not even worthy of our scorn.

There, I've turned around my all-time low thread and have spoken like a true and knowledgeable fan. Are you happy now?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Phil Nolan needs to go back to wearing #0 because that's how much value he brings to the team and to anything else on the planet for that matter.
Amida Brimah has never had a rebound in all his life and a blind 85 year old midget would make a better starting center.
Omar Calhoun single-handedly ruined the Calhoun brand and everything it once brought to our program
Rodney Purvis isn't a Ferrari, he's a broken-down Datsun that was even too $hitty to be blown up in a CHIPS episode.
Boatright is a selfish ball hog who cares about nothing but himself and thinks he's the next Michael Jordan
A cardboard cut-out of Terrance from Terrance and Phillip would make a better guard than Terrance Samuel.
Forget the free Facey mantra. He needs to be locked up where he can never touch a basketball again.
Rakim Lubin makes Johnnie Selvie look like Chris Bosh.
Daniel Hamilton can do nothing with a basketball aside from turning it over.
Sam Cassell Jr must be adopted. No way is there NBA blood in his veins.
Dan may be a Guest, but he's not welcome in my house.
Lenehan is just a nerdy whiz kid and a waste of a scholarship
Marcel Lewis is a practice player than therefore not even worthy of our scorn.

There, I've turned around my all-time low thread and have spoken like a true and knowledgeable fan. Are you happy now?

So Nnamdi Amilo is the only player we approve of around these parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom