Time to "forgive" McGraw? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Time to "forgive" McGraw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Where I come from, actions speak louder than words (for the most part).

Nobody appreciates a great sports rivalry more than I, including one that contains blistering exchanges. I can even overlook those exchanges in the heat of the moment, since so few of us are exempt, but I will not forget the coordinated effort on the part of the ND contingent to slight Stewart.

THAT, is as classless a move as I've seen in a loooooooooooooooooooooong time. Hell, even Red Sox fans gave Derek Jeter a worthy sendoff.

There was no coordinated effort. Muffet was rude last year but she wasn't quite that malevolent. Multiple ND players/coaches can be seen clapping on the video in question.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was no coordinated effort. Muffet was rude last year but she wasn't quite that malevolent. Multiple ND players/coaches can be seen clapping on the video in question.

Clapping what? Rapid blinking doesn't count!

Reaction Score
If it was more than one, there was coordination.

Acknowledgement on the part of anyone else, speaks to their class AND lack thereof of those that conspired to shun the accomplishment of a student athlete.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do remember one ND assistant coach clapping. That is it.

Reaction Score
Clapping what? Rapid blinking doesn't count!

I know Mabrey was definitely clapping. I believe she is close to the Class of 2012 recruits due to USA Basketball, so I'm not surprised that she would be happy for Stewie.

Reaction Score
I remember Natalie Achonwa clapping. Geno had gotten up and given her his seat. I didn't see any other ND clapping.

upload_2015-4-7_15-5-25.png

You are classy Natalie

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What you call "speculation" Nan I call opinion based on what I have seen and hear from Muffet over the years. All she said was she regrets something she said (without saying what that something was by the way). She didn't say I was wrong and there is tremendous class at the top of womens basketball and it was graceless of me to make a show of disrespect at Stewie's award announcement - did she say those things and I missed it? She regretted saying something, not the thought of it - not the opinion.
I didn't think your thoughts were speculation. You asked a question? Knowing nothing was done in public after public comments and actions set the tone.

Reaction Score
I for one will never forgive Muffy for what she did last year. It is one thing to be upset because you lost a key player, but it is another thing to take it out on a great young lady like Stewie. That was simply a classless thing to do.

Almost as classless as not calling a time out to get Skylar out of the championship game and ignoring het, after Geno purposely took a shot clock violation. To allow Skylar her moment.

Reaction Score
You're entitled to your opinion and anger if that's what you choose but let me reiterate that, although a Notre Dame graduate, I am a UCONN fan when it comes to women's basketball. Muffet is not my coach, Geno is. My daughter graduated from UCONN in 2008 and I am still footing the bill. Like every individual, Muffet has flaws; so does Geno. For me, if someone is willing to concede they are wrong, I'm willing to forgive and forget. I do believe a lot of the negativity between programs we see and hear is driven by the media and hyped to sell the game; that's not to say that some of it isn't real. But I'm not going to point fingers unless I know all the facts, and rarely do we have all the facts. And when we think we do, they're often colored by biases and misperceptions. That being said, I do hope UCONN kick's Notre Dames butt tonight. That we can agree on. And please guard the perimeter! Cable and Mabrey worry me more than LLoyd and Turner.

1--- You said the following: "and never quite understood all the acrimony from UCONN fans." What I don't understand is - it seems like you do understand. So why say it? I just get the feeling that sometimes some fans just don't want to hear fans express "hate." IMO it's okay to hate a rival in fun and the spirit of competition.

2--- I do believe media does this. But last year Muffett was definitely an instigator- not the only one to blame but she went over-the-top. Agree?

3-- In this case you do have enough to point some fingers, don't you? You read the above and she basically said "I was wrong." You read Loyd's comments. Are you going to deny them? Did you really think calling us arrogant and a bully was appropriate? She just vilified UCONN not just Geno. Thus I don't get why you said you didn't understand all the acrimony.

t-gal

T for Trouble
Reaction Score
Forgive? Absolutely. One would think that she'd have exhibited more Christ-like qualities especially being a head Coach at ND, but we are after all, only human...bound to make mistakes.

Reaction Score
Okay, Pollyanna, let me help you out :D

The cost of cable TV, the window of time that repair people give you when it's all day, snow (I mean, can't we get on a weather control machine already?), lack of hover bikes, Windows 8, that we haven't eradicated cancer or poverty, racism, leg room when flying in economy class, the distinct lack of superior BBQ in Connecticut (sure there are some good places, but not superior places), commuting, having to buy music again that you bought already because of format changes, and bedbugs.

I can continue but that should get you started.

You buy music ?

Reaction Score
If she fibbed during lent, she should buy some indulgences.

I need some info before forgiving her for rudeness. How long did ND prepare for the heat of the battle? 1 week? 1month? The entire season? Was there a mutual agreement between Coach McGraw and the ND players to be rude collectively?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
You buy music ?

While I do listen to a lot of streaming music, yes, I do buy albums that I like and download them digitally. (No, I don't steal them.)

Reaction Score
No - not time to forgive Muffitt. Time to knock her forty feet off her tuffet. Then, afterward, be gracious in victory.
(Hey, I'm a Philly area competitor)

Reaction Score
Muffet's apology is good enough for me.

I think that if, after her apology, you still hate Muffet you may risk
being classed with some of those yahoos over on checkerboard square
who hate Geno and all things UConn with such an unrelenting passion
that its almost scary.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet's apology is good enough for me.

I think that if, after her apology, you still hate Muffet you may risk
being classed with some of those yahoos over on checkerboard square
who hate Geno and all things UConn with such an unrelenting passion
that its almost scary.

To Err is human, to forgive divine ... so I'll leave it there. Muffet caught a small load of merde for being such a shrew, so now she's sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom