Time to Become the Villains | The Boneyard

Time to Become the Villains

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
5th National Title, pre season 3rd place in the coaches poll.
Spurned by the glitter boys two weeks before the season.
Mocked by the softest program in the country.

It's time for Danny to buy every one of the boys a red light saber. Bring this team to the dark side.

I want to play angry this year like the Piston's in the 80s. I'm talking Dajuan Blair hip tossing Thabeet angry.

Knock guys to the floor and step over them.

20-0 Killshot runs.

Every post game press conference, don't answer questions just stare into the camera.

Bring out the Jersey Danny. All of it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't root for the sphincters anymore. Anti-heroes are self-indulgent bores. I say we stick with having a bunch of good dudes who play the beautiful game.
You can have good dudes who play the game mean. I want Ricky Moore. I want Boat on Wilbekin. I want Jeff Adrien with his football mouthguard in. I want Rod Sellers.

I want Donovan Clingan Dunking on Kalkbrenner and talking all the way down the floor until he get's T'd up.

John Thompson used to tell Ewing to goal tend the other teams first shot just so they would know he was there. I want that.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Did I just see two different people unironically use the term "glitter boys"?

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that the disrespect in the Big East + being spurned by top recruits will light an even bigger fire under Hurley. Somehow with how amazing this last half year has been, we still have a massive chip on our shoulder as a program and that's just the way I like it.

Reaction Score
You can have good dudes who play the game mean. I want Ricky Moore. I want Boat on Wilbekin. I want Jeff Adrien with his football mouthguard in. I want Rod Sellers.

I want Donovan Clingan Dunking on Kalkbrenner and talking all the way down the floor until he get's T'd up.

John Thompson used to tell Ewing to goal tend the other teams first shot just so they would know he was there. I want that.

This.

Yeah we really don't want criminals on our team a la Kansas but I sure as hell wants some some dogs who will talk trash and step over you on the ground.

And tbh that's what we already have. I can promise you Clingan isn't going to be concerned with anyone's feelings on the court.

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to play angry when you're at the top. Just my limited experience.

Reaction Score
Solo Ball is going to put somebody on a poster this year and then step over them. He'll probably get a T for it so hopefully we're up by a lot at that point

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every team needs a Sellers, Rash, Adrien, KEA, Selvie, Boatright, Bazz etc.
Big time sports calls for big time attitudes when between the lines/on the floor etc.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Every team needs a Sellers, Rash, Adrien, KEA, Selvie, Boatright, Bazz etc.
Big time sports calls for big time attitudes when between the lines/on the floor etc.
Who is this years?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is this supposed to be one of those times you insult me? I can't tell.
Nah, just an observation. But what was you comment to me? I was pretty sure I could tell.

Reaction Score
5th National Title, pre season 3rd place in the coaches poll.
Spurned by the glitter boys two weeks before the season.
Mocked by the softest program in the country.

It's time for Danny to buy every one of the boys a red light saber. Bring this team to the dark side.

I want to play angry this year like the Piston's in the 80s. I'm talking Dajuan Blair hip tossing Thabeet angry.

Knock guys to the floor and step over them.

20-0 Killshot runs.

Every post game press conference, don't answer questions just stare into the camera.

Bring out the Jersey Danny. All of it.

Every sane person in the world knows that all these glamour of preseason ranking and hype talk mean nothing in March. Just look at UNC last season.

How about win the games when it counts, run circles around the hyped up teams, keep winning National championships, and keep sending kids to the league where they've dreamt to play since childhood?

I trust the best coaching group led by Dan Hurley know better.

Recruits will come, the perception will change.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that the disrespect in the Big East + being spurned by top recruits will light an even bigger fire under Hurley. Somehow with how amazing this last half year has been, we still have a massive chip on our shoulder as a program and that's just the way I like it.
I mean, I want us getting the respect of the trend-setters and hype-men. But the second best thing is getting the disrespect. We're certainly not getting ignored.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom