Time management | The Boneyard

Time management

Reaction Score
We were down 3 and Creighton had the ball with a 30 second shot clock and 37 second Left in the game. Why did we end up fouling them so they can go to the free throw line? Why not trust our defense to get a stop and rebound and still have 7 seconds left for a game tying 3?

Reaction Score
Pretty standard stuff to foul there and get 2 possessions instead of 1.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This team has not been taught how and when to react in closing minutes of a close game
God knows why - they have been involved and experienced enough defeats in these situations to at least try and figure it out. Mind-blowing.

Reaction Score
Pretty standard stuff to foul there and get 2 possessions instead of 1.
I agree that's the standard course, but considering we had limited them to 18 points in 19.5 minutes in the 2nd half, I may have played it out personally.

Reaction Score
I agree that's the standard course, but considering we had limited them to 18 points in 19.5 minutes in the 2nd half, I may have played it out personally.
Our defense definitely would have a decent chance at a stop, but what are the odds we go down the court and make a 3 in 7 seconds the way we were playing(that's if they don't foul before the shot). I think extending the game with as many possessions as possible and hoping Creighton missed free throws was our best chance.

Reaction Score
Our defense definitely would have a decent chance at a stop, but what are the odds we go down the court and make a 3 in 7 seconds the way we were playing(that's if they don't foul before the shot). I think extending the game with as many possessions as possible and hoping Creighton missed free throws was our best chance.
Agreed, it probably makes more sense to play it out with like 39 or 40 seconds instead of 37, just more margin for error on a contested rebound if they took a super late shot, but the hope is you can force them into a quicker shot or get a turnover. I don't think it was an error, just different appraoch.

Reaction Score
This team has not been taught how and when to react in closing minutes of a close game
God knows why - they have been involved and experienced enough defeats in these situations to at least try and figure it out. Mind-blowing.
Or at least try something different

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom