Time for a new Sherriff | The Boneyard

Time for a new Sherriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any idea how Bryant Sherriffs is doing in practice and with his new move to New England?

He is the reason to take interest in spring football next year. He seems geared for the read option, which inexplicable Cummings has been forcing on Whitmer and Boyle.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/532831/highlights/38710426

Reaction Score
Definitely think the zone read is the direction this staff wants to go. Sheriffs looks like a good candididate to jump start this type of offense.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would LOVE someone from the horde to dig up an article on Shirreffs. Might as well start to try to excite the fanbase with 2015 potential now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Would LOVE someone from the horde to dig up an article on Shirreffs. Might as well start to try to excite the fanbase with 2015 potential now.
Excite the fanbase, that's all I am trying to do. I have no idea what this kids ceiling is. Nobody has an idea. But when I look at the roster and the incoming class, there isnt much to get excited about. Most kids are prototypes with short highlight reels with frankly very little accomplished at the high school level to be excited about. Sherriffs' tape is different. 'A New Hope,' perhaps....

Reaction Score
Excite the fanbase, that's all I am trying to do. I have no idea what this kids ceiling is. Nobody has an idea. But when I look at the roster and the incoming class, there isnt much to get excited about. Most kids are prototypes with short highlight reels with frankly very little accomplished at the high school level to be excited about. Sherriffs' tape is different. 'A New Hope,' perhaps....
Beals put up huge numbers this year. Aaron Garland led his team deep into the playoffs. Davis put up good numbers to name a few. HS highlights are just that highlights. But to continually say all these recruits have short highlight reels showing nothing, please. Same goes for the top 100.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Beals put up huge numbers this year. Aaron Garland led his team deep into the playoffs. Davis put up good numbers to name a few. HS highlights are just that highlights. But to continually say all these recruits have short highlight reels showing nothing, please. Same goes for the top 100.
You just named the three players that look a cut above. A fourth is Murphy. If you look back at most of my posts on the recruiting board it has always been positive because I know kids/parents read here and I dont feel its necessary or moreover, fair to post negatively about new recruits. The truth is more than a handful are a big stretch to be G5 - but I am not going to finger point. In the long wrong, I'm very happy to be wrong. At least the suspect recruits have G5 bodies...so, we'll see.

Reaction Score
You just named the three players that look a cut above. A fourth is Murphy. If you look back at most of my posts on the recruiting board it has always been positive because I know kids/parents read here and I dont feel its necessary or moreover, fair to post negatively about new recruits. The truth is more than a handful are a big stretch to be G5 - but I am not going to finger point. In the long wrong, I'm very happy to be wrong. At least the suspect recruits have G5 bodies...so, we'll see.
If I had a dollar for every time i heard this about 60% of the recruits during the Edsall era, I would have a bigger piggy bank than I do today. You can't teach size. You can't grow size (maybe mass, but not height and length). Diaco is bringing in frames and Balis can hopefully fill them out. Not only that, they have produced at their respective levels of HS football. And on top of that, they all seem to be very high character high class young men. I will take that any day. How often do you hear about the can't miss prospect that has run ins with the law and can't get his act together? More often than you hear about the good student, good community contributor who works his tail off to make him and his team one to remember for all the right reasons. Diaco is building a program with all the right intentions in all the right ways. I don't agree with your above statements, as to me on paper, this class is shaping up to be one that can be molded and coached into a formidable force.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
YES, let's burn a year of eligibility with two games left with a guy who's been getting scout team reps. But, this is an awesome thread idea.

Reaction Score
YES, let's burn a year of eligibility with two games left with a guy who's been getting scout team reps. But, this is an awesome thread idea.
Who are you referring to?

Reaction Score

Yes, lets post a sarcastic comment about something we know nothing about, but that was an awesome reply to the awesome idea thread.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Buddy, Sherriffs has to sit out this season under the transfer rules after coming over from NC State. He's completely ineligible to play.

Reaction Score
Exit 4 said:
Buddy, Sherriffs has to sit out this season under the transfer rules after coming over from NC State. He's completely ineligible to play.
Now, simply stop dealing in facts. Some people just prefer to deal in delusions entirely removed from reality.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If I had a dollar for every time i heard this about 60% of the recruits during the Edsall era, I would have a bigger piggy bank than I do today. You can't teach size. You can't grow size (maybe mass, but not height and length). Diaco is bringing in frames and Balis can hopefully fill them out. Not only that, they have produced at their respective levels of HS football. And on top of that, they all seem to be very high character high class young men. I will take that any day. How often do you hear about the can't miss prospect that has run ins with the law and can't get his act together? More often than you hear about the good student, good community contributor who works his tail off to make him and his team one to remember for all the right reasons. Diaco is building a program with all the right intentions in all the right ways. I don't agree with your above statements, as to me on paper, this class is shaping up to be one that can be molded and coached into a formidable force.

I'm more interested in speed than size. It seems to me slow never gets to the play. It will be interesting to see if simply bringing in bigger kids will translate to winning football. They need to be big, athletic and fast. Character is important, I am confident Diaco is moving in the right direction on that front. We'll have to agreed to disagree on the quality of all the kids. I'm not going to get specific about last year and this year's question marks.

Reaction Score
I'm more interested in speed than size. It seems to me slow never gets to the play. It will be interesting to see if simply bringing in bigger kids will translate to winning football. They need to be big, athletic and fast. Character is important, I am confident Diaco is moving in the right direction on that front. We'll have to agreed to disagree on the quality of all the kids. I'm not going to get specific about last year and this year's question marks.
The coming class, kids are big, Athletic and can move. Most play other sports. I wouldn't worry about them moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom