Time change this Sunday | The Boneyard

Time change this Sunday

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ok yarders, it's that time again. Turn those watches, clocks and anything else you have that keeps time AHEAD 1 hour before retiring for the evening Saturday night. :)

1552091366234.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Oh, and don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke/CO2 detectors :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok yarders, it's that time again. Turn those watches, clocks and anything else you have that keeps time AHEAD 1 hour before retiring for the evening Saturday night. :)

View attachment 40699
Does anyone wait for 2AM to move their clocks forward.

Reaction Score
We need to do like the EU is going to do in 2021, keep the clocks the same year round.
If the USA does that --it should have stayed a colony---the cows won't know when to be milked. The trains will not run on schedule, plane may fall out of the sky. I won't know when it's dinner time!

Reaction Score
We need to do like the EU is going to do in 2021, keep the clocks the same year round.
NO! While I support many EU functions, including what I recall was a realistic opportunity for us to go metric some years ago, for me, warm summer evening outdoor recreational time is a precious and fleeting commodity! I support DST!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
NO! While I support many EU functions, including what I recall was a realistic opportunity for us to go metric some years ago, for me, warm summer evening outdoor recreational time is a precious and fleeting commodity! I support DST!
You can keep the Daylight Savings Time year around, that way there is no switching the clock at all.

Reaction Score
Oh, and don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke/CO2 detectors :)
I don't have to change my batteries I don't smoke those electronic things. I smoke cigar wrapped ONLY with Connecticut grown wrappers--(pomo)

Reaction Score
Does anyone wait for 2AM to move their clocks forward.
Everything does because the clocks are automatic. For example my cable box will say 1:59 AM and then when it changes it goes right to 3:00 AM, so it knows some how. I once stayed up just to see what would happen, so I watched it. Same with my phone. I guess all electronic devices know about the time change.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
AS long as we're on EDT (AST), I'm all for that.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Not too long ago, the team was on TULSA TIME

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang 3:35am now..... but on the bright side.... more sunlight in the evening .

Reaction Score
Everything does because the clocks are automatic. For example my cable box will say 1:59 AM and then when it changes it goes right to 3:00 AM, so it knows some how. I once stayed up just to see what would happen, so I watched it. Same with my phone. I guess all electronic devices know about the time change.

...because you had nothing better to do? :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Northerners wait all winter for there to be a glimmer of daylight in the morning so they don’t go to work in the dark. Then after the mornings become brighter, daylight saving comes along and it’s dark again. :mad: Many states are looking at discontinuing the practice

As Daylight Saving Looms, Suppose We Spring Forward and Never Fall Back?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Connecticut is trying to switch to Atlantic time. No idea why.
Because that would ensure permanent daylight savings time. Under federal law at present, states can opt out of daylight savings time altogether (as Hawaii and Arizona do), but they aren't allowed to permanently opt in to it and never revert to standard time. The theory behind CT and NH's moves to Atlantic time zone is you don't need to get Congress to change the law in order to get permanent daylight savings time.

Quite frankly, I think it makes sense - having everything from Michigan to Maine in the same time zone never made any sense to me. Historically, it was so that everyone on the Eastern Seaboard and related nearby rail lines was in the same time zone as New York City. But I'm not sure that matters as much in 2019.

Reaction Score
Because that would ensure permanent daylight savings time. Under federal law at present, states can opt out of daylight savings time altogether (as Hawaii and Arizona do), but they aren't allowed to permanently opt in to it and never revert to standard time. The theory behind CT and NH's moves to Atlantic time zone is you don't need to get Congress to change the law in order to get permanent daylight savings time.

Quite frankly, I think it makes sense - having everything from Michigan to Maine in the same time zone never made any sense to me. Historically, it was so that everyone on the Eastern Seaboard and related nearby rail lines was in the same time zone as New York City. But I'm not sure that matters as much in 2019.
It's a dumb idea, but every year some of the New England states have that one crack pot legislator that proposes it and everyone laughs at him or her and makes them go stand in the corner for two years. This year's version requires Mass and RI to also join before it would be considered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom