Tim Floyd could possibly leave UTEP for USC...what about Isaac Hamilton? | The Boneyard

Tim Floyd could possibly leave UTEP for USC...what about Isaac Hamilton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought Floyd had been fingered as handing cash to a runner to get Mayo but after reading the ESPN link I guess not. Seeing as how Hamilton went to UTEP to play for Floyd I'd imagine he would just follow Floyd to USC if he went back there as long as UTEP does not block USC as a potential school for him.

Reaction Score
He's from cali ofcourse hell just follow him to USC

caw

Reaction Score
Since Hamilton signed with UTEP, they could put a provision in his release that he can't follow Floyd. Didn't Indiana or Wisconsin do that recently to a player, and it caused a huge fuss because they blocked every decent school the kid was getting interest from.

Reaction Score
Since Hamilton signed with UTEP, they could put a provision in his release that he can't follow Floyd. Didn't Indiana or Wisconsin do that recently to a player, and it caused a huge fuss because they blocked every decent school the kid was getting interest from.
It was Wisconsin, and it was BS because their coach didn't leave and they blocked everywhere.

I don't think you should really be blocking players--but it's vaguely understandable about blocking them from leaving with the coach (vaguely--still against it). What Wisconsin did was enough to make ESPN talking heads get annoyed at Bo Ryan for the first time anyone had an opinion about Bo Ryan. I mean, if the guy was an ice cream flavor, he'd be flavorless.

Reaction Score
Mike Hopkins interviewed for the job.

That is much more interesting to me then Floyd interviewing, because of course Hamilton follows him, why is that even a question.

caw

Reaction Score
It was Wisconsin, and it was BS because their coach didn't leave and they blocked everywhere.

I don't think you should really be blocking players--but it's vaguely understandable about blocking them from leaving with the coach (vaguely--still against it). What Wisconsin did was enough to make ESPN talking heads get annoyed at Bo Ryan for the first time anyone had an opinion about Bo Ryan. I mean, if the guy was an ice cream flavor, he'd be flavorless.

I agree with everything you wrote. I was just saying it's possible.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you wrote. I was just saying it's possible.
No, I know. Stating a fact doesn't, and shouldn't, bring with it an endorsement of that fact.

Reaction Score

There was a slight twist to that one. The kid wasn't an incoming recruit. It was a player who was already on the Wisconsin team for a year, but he was a redshirt freshman. Ryan basically blocked all other schools which Wisconsin would play or "might" play in the future, even for a couple years out. It was silly. I believe the kid eventually transfered to Iowa, which is the same conference... so Bo will see him again! Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom