Tim Boyle Article Hartford Courant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle Article Hartford Courant

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Boyle redshirts next year. I think Diaco wants to run a spread in the future.
If this is the case why would he redshirt next year? He'd just transfer instead because if you're looking for a mobile spread QB, Boyle isn't it. However, running a spread offense doesn't always require your QB to be mobile, just play out of the gun.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Play him, 'cause he is the number 3 next year. Unless he is given a shot and is lights out. Coach D schizo rotation and decisions are disturbing.

Reaction Score
If this is the case why would he redshirt next year? He'd just transfer instead because if you're looking for a mobile spread QB, Boyle isn't it. However, running a spread offense doesn't always require your QB to be mobile, just play out of the gun.

That was what I was implying.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Such a passive response from Boyle following the Diaco quote about lack of focus. QBs need to lead. Sounds like Boyle hasn't grabbed the leadership role yet. The Cody Endres analogy seems like a good one. All the tools but never put it all together

I can't emphasize that point enough. It's why it's the most important position on the field, and that Tom Brady's and Payton Manning's teams will ALWAYS be in the hunt. IT'S THE ONLY REASON WE'RE LAMENTING THE LOSS OF COCHRAN. He put up decent numbers against weak opponents BUT he took the bull by the horns and ran away with the job.

A starting QB that rallies and leads his team needs swagger. He needs to be cocky because he knows he'll come up with the big throw when it's needed, or die trying. It's been a long time since Uconn has had a quarterback it could rally behind. Is Lorenzen really the best QB we've had since Dan O? Even Johnny Mac seemed to show more growth and improvement over time than guys like Frazier or Whitmer.

We need Timmy B to grow the balls to lead this team, otherwise it's going to be another split-role scenario with Sheriffs next year. Maybe that's why Foxx is getting burn at the position- because he's a senior and he's hungry and he doesn't care where he plays or what he has to do, he just wants to win. He's confident, and a leader, and a smart football player... all things we need from our quarterback, our coach/general on the field. I hope and expect to see improvement from Boyle over the remainder of the season. If not, and he keeps saying passive things like this... he'll be out of a job almost as quick as Richard Lagow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom