TikToc or Therapy? | The Boneyard

TikToc or Therapy?

Reaction Score
Here's an informative article on ACL recovery. I was surprised to see that 8 months was given as the time until an athlete is back. I thought 12 months was what was typical.

The article also said that a graft could take 2 years to regain it's strength. I think Fudd had a graft in the summer of 2019 which means her knee wasn't fully restored until last summer when she hurt her foot.

The 8 months would put Bueckers back on the roster in mid-February 2023!*

* Just trying to start something. I'm confident she is out the entire season. 8 months may work for a member of a curling team but not in basketball.

Reaction Score
Paige seems to be progressing really well from what I can tell. There are some cases where athletes are still on crutches near the 1 month mark post-surgery. Paige hasn’t even hit that milestone yet and is already off her crutches, seemingly out of the bulky brace, and doing TikTok dances! Pretty good sign. I’m still holding out hope (though unlikely and potentially recklessly) that the reason the team didn’t give a recovery timeline is because it’s possible she could be returning to play around postseason time but they don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up nor pressure Paige to rush the recovery process. I do think an 8-month recovery is now typical with modern technology and medicine. Azzi tore her ACL is April 2019 and returned to play in January 2020 before the COVID shutdown happened. So about 8/9 months (plus hers was an ACL+MCL).

Reaction Score
Paige seems to be progressing really well from what I can tell. There are some cases where athletes are still on crutches near the 1 month mark post-surgery. Paige hasn’t even hit that milestone yet and is already off her crutches, seemingly out of the bulky brace, and doing TikTok dances! Pretty good sign. I’m still holding out hope (though unlikely and potentially recklessly) that the reason the team didn’t give a recovery timeline is because it’s possible she could be returning to play around postseason time but they don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up nor pressure Paige to rush the recovery process. I do think an 8-month recovery is now typical with modern technology and medicine. Azzi tore her ACL is April 2019 and returned to play in January 2020 before the COVID shutdown happened. So about 8/9 months (plus hers was an ACL+MCL).
Would coming back at the end of the season for a handful of games be worth burning a whole year's eligibility?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would coming back at the end of the season for a handful of games be worth burning a whole year's eligibility?
Is it worth coming back at less than 100% and messing up the chemistry of an established team?

Reaction Score
Can someone why everything in the original video for this thread is backwards? Is that a TikTok thing?

Reaction Score
Prudence would suggest taking the year off , resuming resistance training when possible, then returning full throttle next year.
But hey, not my career or body.
And I don’t play a Doctor, even on TV

CL82

Reaction Score

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reaction Score
Considering she already has a COVID year to use if she wants it, I don’t think eligibility is the issue. I don’t think it’d be the right decision to play this season anyways just saying it may be possible given the timeline. She just stated during today’s media availability that she is ruling HERSELF out for the season.

Reaction Score
Boy oh boy, TikTok! My favorite medium of all time. The worlds biggest repository of accountability, responsibility, and maturity.

What's cool is that their kids and grandkids are going to have fun with these in 40 years. There are things I did and said at 20 that I'm thankful weren't recorded on some memory bank.

Reaction Score
Here's an informative article on ACL recovery. I was surprised to see that 8 months was given as the time until an athlete is back. I thought 12 months was what was typical.

The article also said that a graft could take 2 years to regain it's strength. I think Fudd had a graft in the summer of 2019 which means her knee wasn't fully restored until last summer when she hurt her foot.

The 8 months would put Bueckers back on the roster in mid-February 2023!*

* Just trying to start something. I'm confident she is out the entire season. 8 months may work for a member of a curling team but not in basketball.

It truly is amazing how much progress has been made in ACL surgery.

One of my HS classmates was a very promising athlete. She tore her ACL in her sophomore year during a basketball game and her career was over just like that. The surgical techniques of the time (late 1970s) restored her ability to walk but that was all. She never played competitive sports again.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
No, it's not, and I'm not talking about eligibility. Face it, she is, and should not, even think about coming back this season. This is a serious injury, and some players never recover from it. If she tears it again that might be the end of her career forever. We should not be wasting our time talking about this, or worse yet, hoping that she could come back this year. Let her be the cheer leader and motivational coach during this season, she must take the time to heal completely. We will need her next year to lead us, and to show the pros that she should be the number 1 draft pick. We have a great team as is, lets concentrate on them and have a fabulous year.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why are we still on this narrative from last season? Paige is nowhere near a chemistry-buster.
Not in the least, but teams have chemistry, roles, and timing that will get altered by the addition of a new player, regardless of her skill and impeccable character. Ever notice how most teams are better at the end of the season than the beginning? That’s one of the reasons why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom