Tight Ends | The Boneyard

Tight Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our offensive line gets called out (and rightfully so), for their struggles this year, but the tight end blocking has also been extremely poor. I checked out the roster and we have some skinny tight ends:

Sean McQuillan: 6'3 239
Tommy Myers: 6'5 238
Alec Bloom: 6'7 231

Myers has the frame to put on size and strength. Watched Bloom at the end of the game, and he can definitely put on 30 pounds.

The lack of a blocking tight end has hamstrung the offense as well. Myers is the best of the bunch, and has shown flashes of being a very good blocker. McQuillan is just too small. When asked to down block, he doesn't move the defender.

I truly do not know the answer here. Maybe with another year in the weight room, Bloom and Myers become beasts at the line. Anyone hear how Hashemi is doing in this area? I have no problem with redshirting him, I just hope he has been showing really good blocking during practice.

Reaction Score
Hashemi was in the game at the end yesterday so doesn't look like they are RS him.

Reaction Score
Hashemi, #83, played quite a bit in the last few series yesterday.

Reaction Score
Hashemi was in the game at the end yesterday so doesn't look like they are RS him.

I missed it. Do you remember how he looked? When was he in, end of game? I will watch replay.

Reaction Score
And since they are burning his redshirt, get him out there ALOT more. If we are going to run the ball ad naseum, then lets get as many blockers as we can out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom