• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tiger Woods putting together a clinic at start of 3rd round. Both his putting and driving are excellent. Has birdied 3 o first 4 holes and leads by 3 strokes at 10 under at the Tour Championship. Could he win the
Fed Cup ?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Uh 6 of 7 birdies -13. This may be his best round ever.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He has been getting closer each week. He hasn’t combined his driving and his putting—yet. With a smaller field, I think this is the week.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He has been getting closer each week. He hasn’t combined his driving and his putting—yet. With a smaller field, I think this is the week.

His putting is phenomenal today (not really tested with long ones since his iron game and scrambling is good) but his driving is beginning to go off the rails. He has been scrambling beautifully through bunkers and deep roughs so far.

Edit 1.
As usual, I speak too soon. His first bogie on 9 . -12. Rose 4 shots behind.

Even if Tiger wins but Rose is in the Top 5, Rose wins the Fed Cup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tiger started tied with Rose, the No 1 player in the world. He's extended his lead to 4 after 12 holes and is 6 ahead of McIlroy, who started 2 behind. This is like the old days when Tiger led after 36 and then ran away from the field on Saturday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiger started tied with Rose, the No 1 player in the world. He's extended his lead to 4 after 12 holes and is 6 ahead of McIlroy, who started 2 behind. This is like the old days when Tiger led after 36 and then ran away from the field on Saturday.
This is a new world with brilliant 37-year-old point guards and 42-year-old golfers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He started with a bogey—a season usual—on the first day and then made 4 birdies before a closing eagle.

Yesterday, he had 5 birdies plus a bogey and a double-bogey.

Today, he has 7 birdies against a lone bogey.

That’s 16 birdies and an eagle in about 50 holes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiger is currently 24 shots ahead of Phil. And they are dueling for $9,000,000 in 2 months.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am wondering if this thread is OT? I am not really sure anymore what is considered On Topic on the Women's Basketball forum and what is considered Off Topic (OT???). Head bang :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is Off-Topic, but wasn’t labeled as such. Not a problem for me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am wondering if this thread is OT? I am not really sure anymore what is considered On Topic on the Women's Basketball forum and what is considered Off Topic (OT???). Head bang :rolleyes:

Sorry. Forgot. I tried to fix but I think it has been too long and the thread edit tool does not appear to be active.:oops:.

Reaction Score
Sorry. Forgot. I tried to fix but I think it has been too long and the thread edit tool does not appear to be active.:oops:.

I wouldn't worry, there's a thread about food in London that isn't labelled OT either. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry, there's a thread about food in London that isn't labelled OT either. ;)

Haha. If you follow the genesis of that thread, I think I had a hand in it. I inferred that some recruits may be attracted to different foods but apparently that was a bit silly on my part. :rolleyes:

The clincher is usually Sunday brunch at the Auriemma’s. It’s awfully difficult to turn down UConn once you’ve enjoyed a home cooked meal from Kathy Auriemma. :)

Yes but you need some good intel on what dishes to serve. Not every case is a DT case. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
People get it confused all the time. ANY topic related to women's basketball (college, pro, international, etc) is NOT off topic, regardless of whether it had any mention of a UCONN player or not.. For example, the thread on Diamond is incorrectly listed as "OT: Diamond". No, it's not OT. She's a women's basketball player. Played in college, played in the pros, tried out for the US National team. Just because it's not about a current or former UCONN player does not make it off topic.

Yes this is first and foremost a UCONN WCBB forum, but as we have grown and tried to make feel welcome ALL fans of women's basketball, any of those subjects are definitely ON topic...

Now of the thread were titled "Delaino Deshields", and had some kind of story on him, then it WOULD be OT. :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Tomorrow might be the lowest ratings for NFL football in history. On the other side, it might be the highest ever golf ratings for NBC's coverage of the final round of the Fed Ex Tournament.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess I overreacted, so I apologize. I too have tried recently to edit a thread title and found that the link/menu item was no longer available.
So @eebmg , I am sorry.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Predict Tiger will win the Tour Championship but won't win the Fedex Cup. Probably Justin Rose will win the Fedex and the $10 million dollars. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Rory McIlroy wins the tournament. He easily could have the lead as he's missed so many birdie putts. Many of his attempts have been close to going in. I think Tiger wins, but he had chances to really pad his lead on the back 9 and failed to do so.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Sorry to be late to the party. I just fixed the thread title adding O.T. but I can't imagine anyone seeing the title didn't know it was not about WBB.

Re: the thread topic...I think that playing with Rory,Tiger needs to keep the groove he's been in by not swinging too hard. Rory's been absolutely killing his drives and Tiger has been playing well as of late because he's not "killing it" but rather he's hitting the fairways. Hopefully the final round will live up to it's potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom