tiffany hayes | The Boneyard

tiffany hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They all do. Let's hope for a great game ending the same way as last year!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff is a senior. She is working on a nice season, one game at a time, one possession at a time, by being smart and playing within herself. I look for a good outing from Tiff.

Tiffany and Co., in the blue, will knock your socks off.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Needs to have a big game on Sunday :)
Actually, what she needs to do is relax and settle in and play comfortably. She should not pressure herself and try to do it all. That is by far her biggest temptation. This team doesn't need individuals to try to be heroes. Just bring your lunch bucket and go out and do your job.

Reaction Score
If she has a great game, it will be a barometer for her play for the rest of the season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We can win almost every game on 3 cylinders--I think even this one. We need 3 players with good/really good games.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The team set a bar for themselves against A&M when the "six starters" all scored in double figures. I now expect and demand that kind of balanced performance going forward. :)

Reaction Score
I think that Icebear make the correct point here. Tiff's historical inconsistency, which is at its most glaring when the biggest games come along, stems from her trying to do too much, failing to play within herself. In lesser games, when she doen't necessarily try to take on too much, she tends to shine...and when she shines, we tend to win big, but these wins are generally against lesser competition. OK, most of our competition falls in that category, I admit, but when these monster games come along, Tiff needs to remember the strength of her teammates, not try to win it herself, and devote her natural aggression mainly to the defensive side of the ball....that's where the game will be won anyway.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Tiffany is a senior. Started all but a few games as a freshman.

She is a UConn co-captain. I have no doubt why.

In her 3+ seasons, UConn is something like 126-2.

She must be doing something consistently right.

Reaction Score
The team set a bar for themselves against A&M when the "six starters" all scored in double figures. I now expect and demand that kind of balanced performance going forward. :)

Your expectations and demands are falling on deaf ears. They don't know you exist. LOL

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh I hope UConn doesnt lose and Tiff scores under 15... she'll be the next Charde Houston!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen Hayes can hit three pointers or can drive to the basket, but I haven't see that she has developed a pull-up jumper or real solid mid-range game. I see that with a lot of players in college. Moore was an obvious exception and KML seems to be an exception as well. It seems to me that if a good team takes away the three pointer that she presses too much on her dribble penetration, and vice versa if the drive is taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom