Tiffany Hayes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tiffany Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My only problem, and this isn't directed at any poster in particular, is that some seem way quicker to point out her bad games than her better ones. I feel that she is very unappreciated at times.

Reaction Score
Worth singling out. I think it was her best UConn game since UNC a couple of years ago. Seven assists and one turnover! More importanly, most of her points were scored driving to the basket and blowing by her opponents. All of this while seemingly totally in control! Instead of driving straight into the defense she used her speed to get around the defenders.

If Hayes can play like this for the rest of the season I like UConn's chances at a NC. Actually, I like their chances anyway.
You are so right! I like your words: "totally in control."

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
My only problem, and this isn't directed at any poster in particular, is that some seem way quicker to point out her bad games than her better ones. I feel that she is very unappreciated at times.

One of the things for which nobody (I recall) gives praise to Tiff is her toughness. In the BY, we hear a lot about how tough Kelly or Caroline are, but I don't know as Tiff has ever been mentioned.

There's been plenty of jovial comment about her constantly hitting the floor (better this year), but does no one notice this woman always gets up and shakes off any damage that has been done? And it seems that this year she quite often temporarily shows signs of some hurt. (Is it her ankle that giving her problems this year?) None of this is brought up (or not often) because she always fights through it.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
That's the key point. I love Maya, but I would like to see Tiff knock her out of the record books on that.

When Tiff plays smart, plays within herself, and does not try to force things, she is very, very good. If she does not force drives, wild shots, or too many threes, we win. 100% of the time.

Nice job last night, Tiff. Keep it up!

Now, Now....

Lorin Dixon is on the list too.....!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now, Now....

Lorin Dixon is on the list too.....!
There is disagreement on the BY on this point. I count only the games that a player played in, not all the games she was on the roster. I believe Tiff played in every game, even if only briefly, for example, the concussion game. Maya played heavy minutes in 154 games. Lorin missed some games.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
There is disagreement on the BY on this point. I count only the games that a player played in, not all the games she was on the roster. I believe Tiff played in every game, even if only briefly, for example, the concussion game. Maya played heavy minutes in 154 games. Lorin missed some games.

MilfordHusky...

I see why there's disagreement.

If you go by that logic, there are a lot of undefeated people in WCBB, especially for UCONN.
You can't be credited for a loss in a game you didn't play in. Maya wouldn't have the best record (percentage wise).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We know that there are, in logically descending order, "liars, damned liars, and statisticians."

A politically oriented statistician would swear by the results of a focus group of five people, average age 25. In actuality, one was 96 and the other four were one-year-old infants.

Will Heather Buck be enshrined in the HOF if (IF!) UConn wins the NC this season and next (giving her a total of four)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom