Tiffany Hayes Badly Injured- How Bad Is It? | The Boneyard

Tiffany Hayes Badly Injured- How Bad Is It?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I don’t want to watch it — I saw LaChina Robinson said “prayers up” for Tiff and I believe she saw it live. Not a good sign.

I’m just sick for Tiff. She injured her ankle (not sure if it’s the same one) mildly the other night. I saw the replay of her making a layup and then sort of struggling to hoof it back up the court; the TV commentator remarked that she was playing at about “70%” , obviously injured and obviously trying to play her way through it. This was Wednesday I think ?

I’m wondering if it’s the same ankle, and that in it’s weakened state it left her vulnerable to more serious injury.

The shame is that ankles once injured are usually more susceptible to recurring problems. :(

Praying that she can bounce back but also praying that she plays it smart and takes whatever time is necessary for recovery.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ouch! I hadn't heard. She's really tough. Heal fast, Tiffany!

I just watched the video. She stepped on her teammate's foot and badly twisted her ankle. For many players, that would be nasty. Tiff seems to be like Gumby, so it may not be as severe as it looks. Here's hoping.

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Gotta remember here, folks, that Tiff is not a spring chicken anymore: healing will be tougher and slower than "back in the day".

Reaction Score
AAFE8203-C442-407D-8CC9-895FADD9B2F1.jpeg
It’s just an ankle roll.

Reaction Score
Gotta remember here, folks, that Tiff is not a spring chicken anymore: healing will be tougher and slower than "back in the day".
She looks and plays like a spring chicken. She plays like she's in her prime. In fact she's better by far than she's ever been. Just her 7th year but plays younger. She's been really exciting to watch this year. She won a road game up in Seattle with 3 huge baskets in the final 1:30. Storm just made a huge comeback to lead and Tiffany answered three times with great one on one moves to win it. Games and clutch performances like that make WNBA worth watching.
Stephanie Mahvunga went down later in the game too. Hope she is ok. It didn't look good. Indiana can ill afford to lose her. She has a chance to develop into a good player by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The good news ( if any ) in all this is that Tiffany and Brittney now get to share a pair of sneakers. Jordan XI, low cut, in Carolina Blue.
Somebody tweeted in response to the above pic and asked if they were sharing that pair, but Tiff said they don't wear the same size.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ouch, ouch, ouch. Looks like a really bad roll, low ankle injury. Best wishes Tiff.

Reaction Score
Saw this:

"
100ATL.png

6/18/2018

Tiffany Hayes Atlanta Dream GTD Ankle
Hayes is dealing with a left ankle injury and is considered questionable for Tuesday's matchup with the Liberty, High Post Hoops reports.
RotoWire Analysis

Hayes saw just 19 minutes of action during Saturday's game against the Fever, so she clearly tweaked the ankle during that contest. The fact that she isn't being ruled out a day ahead of Tuesday's game provides some optimism that it's not an overly serious issue, though she'll still be considered questionable for now. Look for additional updates to be provided following the team's morning shootaround and/or pregame warmups. It'd be a tough blow for the Dream considering Hayes' season averages of 17.9 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.4 steals.

Women's Basketball Injury News | RotoWire WNBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom