Tiff playing the point more | The Boneyard

Tiff playing the point more

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno has tried at various time during Tiff's four years to put her at the point - mostly with poor results. The responsibility seemed to cut into her offense and she wasn't great at running the team and controlling tempo.
Last night, for most of the second half and stretches of the first (when CD wasn't in) Tiff was running the point and doing a great job. This was when she and Bria were both on the floor, too. She has been playing point in other games this season but I think this was the most extended period I have seen.
If she can do this with the same results, it will be really good for the team down the stretch.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She has had to do this because of the wear and tear on Caroline, the need to keep Kelly low to the baseline to rebound in the offense and the fact that Banks is not ready yet although she is improving.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Personally I love it when they have Tiff post up and call a set play for her :cool: They have done this occasionally over the years and it always gets me fired up to see Tiphayes3 in the post doin her thang!! She is so fun to watch.

Last year or the year before, she made one of my all-time favorite plays, posting up on the right block with her back to the basket. Right after she got the ball she fired a semi-blind, backwards bounce pass to a cutting Kelly Faris. It didn't make the ESPN highlight reels but it was a thing of beauty ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom