Tickets Sold? | The Boneyard

Tickets Sold?

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen or heard how many tickets UConn has sold???
From yesterday…
From Mike Anthony article tonight:

-> The game will be held at Coastal Carolina University’s Brooks Stadium — capacity: 20,000. About 6,500 fans showed up last season for the game between Old Dominion and Tulsa, according to the bowl’s executive director, Rachel Ammon Quigley.

A UConn administrator said UConn had sold roughly 2,500 tickets, with some of those being purchased for donation to UConn students and to Myrtle Beach area middle school and high school teams. <-

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen or heard how many tickets UConn has sold???
The Myrtle Beach Bowl ticket site yesterday showed they've sold out all but one section on the lower level on the Marshall side while the UConn side has as many available seats on both the lower and upper levels as Marshall has on their upper level.

Looks as if the only UConn fans who care enough to go are the ones on the Boneyard. Not a good look, but climbing out of the abyss after 12 years isn't easy. Hopefully the TV cameras are behind the UConn side and it won't be as noticeable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Myrtle Beach Bowl ticket site yesterday showed they've sold out all but one section on the lower level on the Marshall side while the UConn side has as many available seats on both the lower and upper levels as Marshall has on their upper level.

Looks as if the only UConn fans who care enough to go are the ones on the Boneyard. Not a good look, but climbing out of the abyss after 12 years isn't easy. Hopefully the TV cameras are behind the UConn side and it won't be as noticeable.
The UConn side was packed. Try again when you know what you're talking about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at the game as well! There was a ton of UConn of fans. They may not have purchase their tickets through UConn but they were here in large numbers and very loud!
Thank you. I have a photo of the packed UConn side but unfortunately I'm too old to figure out how to make it small enough to post right now on my phone. I'm going to have to wait till I get home.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I have a photo of the packed UConn side but unfortunately I'm too old to figure out how to make it small enough to post right now on my phone. I'm going to have to wait till I get home.
If the size is too large a quick fix is to email it to yourself from your phone and your email will give you options to resize it to.

Reaction Score

Was at the game. Significantly more UConn fans than Marshall fans. You could not be more wrong, take a lap. Why be so negative?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Shouldn’t be a surprise with their proximity but a lot of Marshall green around the stadium. Good number of UConn folks too - I’m curious what it will look like inside.
Sorry to quote myself. Outside, looked like more green. Inside - it was much, much more even. Nice showing on the UConn side of the stadium.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Great crowd. Period. I was proud of UConn. Way more people than I expected. Marshall fans showed up, too. Great crowd for an early December Bowl.
I felt alot of green when I arrived,, thinking that they travel well-- but we filled up the the lower level and a decent portion of the upper level seat back area. Was very proud of the turnout on a Monday. Definitely was worth taking off a work day to attend.

GO HUSKIES!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Apparently an estimated 5k attended in 2020, 6557 in 2021 and 12,023 for our game in 2022. Not bad for a Monday afternoon. Certainly not an embarrassment.

The crowd was legit loud in the second half - that came through the tv.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well- turns out we are in line with the fellow lower tier bowls.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Apparently an estimated 5k attended in 2020, 6557 in 2021 and 12,023 for our game in 2022. Not bad for a Monday afternoon. Certainly not an embarrassment.

The crowd was legit loud in the second half - that came through the tv.
The quick and dirty math says this game had more people than the last two put together.

Reaction Score
Wonder if our good fan support for the game is going to help David Benedict get us a few bowl tie ins from espn?

Reaction Score
B0954C45-722D-4906-8FBE-9ECCD20F7B27.jpg

Reaction Score
The UConn side was packed. Try again when you know what you're talking about.
Was at the game. Significantly more UConn fans than Marshall fans. You could not be more wrong, take a lap. Why be so negative?

You two need to try again and to stop being negative. Maybe even go to a class on reading comprehension.

My post was on SATURDAY at 4:02 PM based on the available tickets showing on the Bowl's website on Friday.
It says exactly that.

We were there in 205, Row E, seats 11 and 12, so I know how it looked and felt at the game. Were you so disappointed in the outcome you had to find someone to lash out at within an hour of the game ending?

Have a Merry Christmas and let the visions of a better year ahead float around in your heads.

And notice that, in the holiday spirit, I didn't give any "thumbs down" to anyone.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Pleasantly surprised by the total fans and our showing. In the parking lot we were in there were significantly more Marshall fans. Thought gane would show that but it was pretty even. Getting in very annoying. Arrived at gate 25 mins to kickoff and got in halfway through first quarter. Overall great trip and a lot of fun for a 3 day jaunt. Hope to do this again in a year.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what our payout was for the bowl?
I can't find it anywhere. I've tried articles, school financial statements, Myrtle Beach budget reports, the Myrtle Beach tourism financials - nothing. Going off of other bowls, it must be between $500-800K. I don't know for certain but I believe we also get an additional $300K from the NCAA as a bowl-eligible program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom