Ticketmaster and the AAC Championship Tournament | The Boneyard

Ticketmaster and the AAC Championship Tournament

Reaction Score
I had tickets for the Tulane game on opening day. I was prepped to watch the Huskies make their run to the Big Dance. COVID-19 intervened. Dream over.

I had a hotel and rental car booked. Hotel and rental car issued no-muss, no-fuss refunds weeks ago. I am still waiting for Ticketmaster, despite their website saying, "...you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days". It's over 30 days and no one at Ticketmaster has a clue or can even estimate when the refunds will be issued. Posted about this on the AAC website and asked if the conference knew fans were getting jerked around. Shockingly the post disappeared within minutes. Imagine that.

Good riddance AAC. Ticketmaster remains as sleazy as ever.

Reaction Score
Same boat. Not to mention only getting ticket price back at some point and not the exorbitant handling fees. I have over $400 wrapped up in Roger Waters tix also. No refund because it is only “postponed” at this point.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
this isn't a conference issue its a Ticketmaster thing- just call customer service and explain. I had something similar happen for a different event and they processed it for me while I was on the phone.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I had tickets for the Tulane game on opening day. I was prepped to watch the Huskies make their run to the Big Dance. COVID-19 intervened. Dream over.

I had a hotel and rental car booked. Hotel and rental car issued no-muss, no-fuss refunds weeks ago. I am still waiting for Ticketmaster, despite their website saying, "...you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days". It's over 30 days and no one at Ticketmaster has a clue or can even estimate when the refunds will be issued. Posted about this on the AAC website and asked if the conference knew fans were getting jerked around. Shockingly the post disappeared within minutes. Imagine that.

Well your experience matches the commitment on their website: 'in as soon as...' - a/k/a expect more than 30 days. Definitely written by a lawyer.

Reaction Score
Just to add more fuel to the fire...I certainly hope everyone does get their justified refunds...but TicketMaster will probably not refund all the additional fees placed on each ticket ordered..examples S&H..arena fees & so on.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Just to add more fuel to the fire...I certainly hope everyone does get their justified refunds...but TicketMaster will probably not refund all the additional fees placed on each ticket ordered..examples S&H..arena fees & so on.
correct unless you bought the insurance on the tickets

Reaction Score
Don’t put up with it. File a dispute with your credit card.
Yup. I did that on another Ticketmaster cancellation. Visa gave me a credit for the full amount and notified TM they had I think 14 days to respond or they lose. TM never responded. My niece works for one of the credit card companies. From the largest to the smallest no company ever disputes these. Not worth it and ones like Ticketmaster cannot get on the bad side of these companies. They won’t last 15 minutes if they can only take discover.

Reaction Score

Bought $300 tickets to UFC 249 in Brooklyn which was supposed to happen in tomorrow.

Still waiting on my refund after they said we would get it in 30 days

Reaction Score
this isn't a conference issue its a Ticketmaster thing- just call customer service and explain. I had something similar happen for a different event and they processed it for me while I was on the phone.

If the guy wants to blame the AAC, let em

I think the AAC might be responsible for global warming too

Reaction Score
Not defending Ticket Master but they just released their plan for reimbursing all the events that have been cancelled. Shows concerts sporting events were all covered.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It never fails to amaze me that companies can process a transaction in 10 seconds from a smartphone when its money coming in but takes "7 to 10 business days" or longer when its money going out.

The fees are getting outrageous these days also. I get that businesses are in it to make money but I bought tix for Marvel Live last year at the Webster Arena. The tix were $20 each and I paid $35 in taxes and fees. Tax plus convenience fee plus facility fee. It was for my son's bday so I sucked it up and paid it but I almost threw up when I saw the total.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It never fails to amaze me that companies can process a transaction in 10 seconds from a smartphone when its money coming in but takes "7 to 10 business days" or longer when its money going out.
Not to go all Monty Python but "7 to 10 business days"? Luxury! We plunked down >4K for a cruise that was cancelled. The refund policy had you complete an on-line form that wasn't available until two weeks after the cancellation. After that, they said to wait another 90 days to get the refund. I said screw that and filed a dispute. AMEX had a credit in my account in three days. The money was back in my checking account 2 business days after that.

Reaction Score
Ticketmaster is one of the worst. Buy they did right by me. I had 2 spring training tickets for the Braves and Sox and received my complete refund on March 28th.

Some companies bend over backward to accommodate their customers. I finally called to cancel Audible since I was paying monthly and hadn't used it in many months. The customer rep refunded 9 months of unused service without me even asking for more than 1 month. That is an example of great customer service.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
We had tickets to the Blue Jackets-Pens game in CBus on 3/12 that was cancelled and had got our tickets through StubHub. They offered us either 120% of what we paid in site credit or a refund, so we went with the refund and got our money back within 2-3 weeks. Usually I’ll do NHL tickets via NHL Ticket Exchange (run by Ticketmaster) so I’m glad we stayed away given how many awful stories I’ve seen. Had to eat the hotel cost though, as Hilton wouldn’t refund the cancellation fee since it was booked thru Travelocity and Travelocity wouldn’t refund past the cancel date.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom