Ticket Prices Down ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ticket Prices Down ...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
is the season ticket renewal deadline still 3/30?
Thought the priority renewal deadline was April 30th and Benedict recently indicated they would be “flexible”.

@husky8273 's post made me reach out to the ticket office as well as my typical tailgate crew. The ticket office is not fully staffed for obvious reasons, so I left a message for one of the reps to call me back from home. He intimated that their definition of "flexible" will most likely be in the loosest possible definition of the word and an announcement will be made soon regarding extending "deadlines" or if they will even be imposed.

Reaction Score
Wonder how much this is going to hurt sales for next season as small as they are. Basketball renewals were suppose to go out already. Wonder if they will get hurt by this too.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
April 30 is renewal deadline. I’ll roll the dice and let that pass. Sure there will be plenty - o - seats. 50/50 this state allows sporting events by Labor Day

Reaction Score
Wonder how much this is going to hurt sales for next season as small as they are. Basketball renewals were suppose to go out already. Wonder if they will get hurt by this too.

A lot gampel. I have been to the grocery store twice in the past week. No Tyler Phommachanh, tissues or paper towels. Meat isle way down. No hot dogs. Tickets are definitely on the back burner.

Reaction Score
A lot gampel. I have been to the grocery store twice in the past week. No Tyler Phommachanh, tissues or paper towels. Meat isle way down. No hot dogs. Tickets are definitely on the back burner.
Just awful timing for UConn.

Reaction Score
Wow. The price for a season ticket in 241 has gone from $274 all in to $180? That's obviously a material decrease, and I'm glad to see them working on realizing that first they have to get butts back in the building and then only second worry about what they're charging for tickets.

Having said that, without winning it's not going to bring people back. I won't get a third seat because it's difficult enough to find someone to use my second seat now.

I started with 7 (my family, my sis and her husband and a friend). The friend died years ago - my wife's good friend - so she won't go anymore. But I've been hanging on to 6 ever since. My older son will be at Evansville for grad school this year, and my younger son hates sports. Finally think I'm going to cut down to 4 - and will probably still have 1 empty for most games.

Reaction Score

The closest thing we can compare this to is the 2008 financial crisis. One crucial difference was this did not hit until September of 2008 when season tickets are already bought up, but one would think this would have some impact on single game ticket purchases, walk-ups, etc.

The 2007-2008 season average attendance was 11,887 and 2008-2009 was 12,518. The team also went from 24-9 (eventual first round exit) to top 5 in the country for large portions of the season and a 31-5 finish with a final four appearance.

Assuming there is some sort of normalcy returned by the summer and crowds are welcomed again by the fall, I think everything will be fine. The way the season was cut short with excitement really building, the direction Hurley has this thing turned, some really exciting players returning, and re-joining the Big East, I think there is enough positive momentum that it will be fine.

I also would imagine, if it is necessitated due to COVID, Athletics would make a push for an attendance boost with cheap tickets which was great this year and really helped get butts in seats and get fans excited again.

That being said, if the assumptions in that second to last paragraph don't come together, then all of CBB and CFB for that matter will be in a pretty bad place.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been here on the forum if so I have not seen it. Mods can delete if I am doubling up. Can't find a link online as the UConn site says tickets go on sale Tuesday the 11th.

My info comes from ticket information at the signing event last Wednesday. All numbers are from the flier given out. I am sure @huskymedic will be out with the latest computer generated info with 8x10 photo glossies. ;) (Which I always welcome.)

Parking remains the same cars $95 RV's $155

Mezzanine Chair no longer, upper & lower only.
Husky Value $35 down from $90
Young Alumni $35 down from $90
Family Section $70 down from $96
Reserved End Zone $84 down from $150
Preferred Sideline $105 down from $174, donation $75 down from $100
Upper Chairback $161 down from $192, donation $200 down from $225
Lower Chairback $196 down from $270, donation $500 the same
Club Level $294 down from $318, donation $900 the same

Hope this helps anyone or a group on the fence! See you at the game... GO DOGS!!!
By the way thanks for posting this, I immediately bought two seats after you put this up a month ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom