Ticket buying options Concerts/NBA/MLB | The Boneyard

Ticket buying options Concerts/NBA/MLB

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I remember not too long ago, a concert seat for $150 was reasonable. My wife was looking at Taylor Swift tickets and couldn’t believe what her girlfriends paid a few months ago.

Looked at Boston Celtics tickets yesterday and was pretty shocked. Weeknights, uppers $300. Vs Ave teams.

What apps or places do you find the best results?

Ticketmaster- seams to be the primary source
SeatGeek
Stubhub
Ace
TickPick- has no fees, I guess Sellers don’t make as much, which inturn helps buyers.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ve used Vivid Seats for parking at the Wells Fargo Center and it was pretty competitive. Not sure how it is for actual games.

I also have Gametime downloaded but haven’t used it.

GemParty

Reaction Score
My friends have used Gametime for last minute seats, and had decent luck, which would be great if you lived near an arena, but coming from CT is a little more planned.

Reaction Score
Taylor Swift tickets aren't unreasonable if you can snag them from her actual sale. The cost is through the roof for resold tickets.

When I went to be final four and champ game in Houston we drove there from Indiana. Swift was in Dallas at ATT stadium that same day. I was able to get tickets there for my wife, daughter, and 2 sister in laws. Tickets were $65 a piece and I bought them on Thursday, 2 days before the actual concert. They weren't the best seats, but for that little it was awesome for them.

Honestly it is really the darn fees from Ticketmaster that throw the price of tickets through the roof.

Reaction Score
I’ve used Vivid Seats for parking at the Wells Fargo Center and it was pretty competitive. Not sure how it is for actual games.

I also have Gametime downloaded but haven’t used it.
For parking I've used Parkwiz for years. Works well especially for baseball. If game is rained out full refund.

Reaction Score
For parking I've used Parkwiz for years. Works well especially for baseball. If game is rained out full refund.
Used it in NYC and Philly for concerts, sporting events. Works great

Reaction Score
Well, you can see Cat Power opening for Modest Mouse opening for the Pixies for $25 on a beautiful gorge overlooking the Niagara River, so it all depends.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I buy and sell tickets. I only use stub hub and eBay because I don’t feel like I have time to use/monitor many more sites, and it’s what I’ve always used. They get the job done. And you’re talking about Swift tickets. Those are the hottest tickets ever and I’m surprised the cost wasn’t more.

Reaction Score
A concert seat for $150 doesn't seem that reasonable unless we are talking rolling stones or Springsteen or something of that level. Last few shows I was eyeing had presale going for $125 which just seems nuts. This was for the strokes. I could see resell going to this and beyond but for the venue to start prices at that seems wild.

GemParty

Reaction Score
What’s an average Bruins ticket go for these days?

Reaction Score
A concert seat for $150 doesn't seem that reasonable unless we are talking rolling stones or Springsteen or something of that level. Last few shows I was eyeing had presale going for $125 which just seems nuts. This was for the strokes. I could see resell going to this and beyond but for the venue to start prices at that seems wild.
Saw Springsteen for $85, GNR is coming up for $45, Flickerstick coming up for $20.

Reaction Score
Saw Springsteen for $85, GNR is coming up for $45, Flickerstick coming up for $20.

That's very good. I've seen U2 for $80 and Radiohead for $70. There wasn't anything cheaper than $200+ to go see the strokes do 15 songs. Another guy I like Tyler Childers had all his tickets going for $200+ at radio City a few weeks ago. Saw the guy 4 years ago for like $25

Reaction Score
Just curious, where did you see Springsteen for $80? Was that on this tour?
They will be giving them away next week in Foxboro if you are looking to go. Half the stadium is unsold for both shows.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's very good. I've seen U2 for $80 and Radiohead for $70. There wasn't anything cheaper than $200+ to go see the strokes do 15 songs. Another guy I like Tyler Childers had all his tickets going for $200+ at radio City a few weeks ago. Saw the guy 4 years ago for like $25
For some reason country music sales are going thru the roof. I was in the same boat, I saw Luke Combs, Childers, and Zach Bryan a while ago in run-down country bars and paid like $20.

Some music is meant not to be performed at a large arena or football stadium IMO.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I miss the old days, How about 18.50 for Bob Dylan in a 700 person capacity club. No service fees either I paid with a 20 and got a buck .50 in change.

toads.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Supply and demand. The only place to by tickets is first hand if you are getting them on the resale market I wish you the best. Between Drake and Beyonce this year I could cover a mortgage payment, not to mention TSwift get in the building price was 4 figures.

Reaction Score
They will be giving them away next week in Foxboro if you are looking to go. Half the stadium is unsold for both shows.
Yep... you can get 300 level seats for $60, 200 for $120 and 100 level for $150 right now.

Reaction Score
For some reason country music sales are going thru the roof. I was in the same boat, I saw Luke Combs, Childers, and Zach Bryan a while ago in run-down country bars and paid like $20.

Some music is meant not to be performed at a large arena or football stadium IMO.
I think the appeal is the huge tailgate atmosphere before/during the show but I've never been a huge country music fan

I miss the old days, How about 18.50 for Bob Dylan in a 700 person capacity club. No service fees either I paid with a 20 and got a buck .50 in change.

View attachment 90860
To be fair, Toad's Place still seems like it has a lot of pretty cheap concerts. You're just not going to see Taylor Swift there

Reaction Score
Supply and demand. The only place to by tickets is first hand if you are getting them on the resale market I wish you the best. Between Drake and Beyonce this year I could cover a mortgage payment, not to mention TSwift get in the building price was 4 figures.
Easier said then done though. There are so many bots that scoop up tickets to popular artists right when they go on sale, just so they can be resold for multiple times their value. I also think the ticket master fee of whatever obnoxiously high percentage of the ticket is absurd as well.

Reaction Score
I think the appeal is the huge tailgate atmosphere before/during the show but I've never been a huge country music fan

To be fair, Toad's Place still seems like it has a lot of pretty cheap concerts. You're just not going to see Taylor Swift there

They are cheap because they aren't pulling even the caliber of artists/bands that College Street or Bridgeport Amphitheater or New Haven bowl are getting.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Easier said then done though. There are so many bots that scoop up tickets to popular artists right when they go on sale, just so they can be resold for multiple times their value. I also think the ticket master fee of whatever obnoxiously high percentage of the ticket is absurd as well.
Yep.

Sometimes when I’m angry I’ll find a school that has an out of date ticket selling process, project a big game for a weekend, then buy a bunch of cheaper Providence tickets and resell to their idiot fans at 2x the cost. I’m surprised Ticketmaster and all these sites don’t program in protection from bots going in and getting all the cheap tickets at a launch.

Reaction Score
One reason that ticket prices have gotten so high is that it's the only way for the artists to actually make money. They make nothing on the music streaming. The concert tix are still somewhat reasonable if you get the tix directly when they go on sale. It's expensive, but these stadium shows cost a fortune to put on. The problem is the secondary market and I'm not sure what the answer is. When Springsteen used dynamic pricing for some of his best tickets, people were outraged. It does suck that you needed to drop $5k for front of stage seating, but at least he and his team made the money. Ticketmaster took their few pounds of flesh also, but they get that on the secondary market for many of the tickets anyway.

I personally don't love stadium tours anymore. I think that's more about the bands that play stadiums than the stadium atmosphere. I saw Green Day and Weezer at Citi Field and liked it a lot. But G&R at Met Life wasn't great. I have no interest in seeing Taylor Swift, Drake, Beyonce....

I've been done with attending pro sports for a while. They're typically boring to attend (especially considering how many NBA/MLB games there are) and are generally better on tv. Especially since I don't have a huge rooting interest anymore. College sports are still much better priced. I got the Empire (UConn/Indiana and Texas/Louisville) seats for $125 per ticket. That doesn't seem unfair for two good games (I'll probably leave after the UConn game). Small theater shows are also still reasonable.

Reaction Score
They are cheap because they aren't pulling even the caliber of artists/bands that College Street or Bridgeport Amphitheater or New Haven bowl are getting.
I would say they're definitely on the same caliber as college street and the other 2 venues hold 8x the amount of people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom