Thursday Resume | The Boneyard

Thursday Resume

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
7 maybe 6. We would only play 3 games (instead of 5). That would make us 2-3 vs Nova/Crighton assuming Nova makes the final, though all three would all be Q1 wins (6-3, I think)

It's a crazy year though, with other teams also playing fewer games, the variance could be a lot bigger than we think.

Reaction Score
Looks like an 8 or 9 seed today. Hope they continue to win and move up to the 6 or 7 line. Let's postpone that matchup with Gonzaga, shall we?!

If we take care of business against Georgetown and win at least one game in the BET, we should be better than an 8 seed.

Reaction Score
The more we keep winning, the bigger the bump.
1614866847656.png

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
While savoring last night's victory and improved resume, can we also celebrate Puke losing to the Georgia Tech on Tuesday. They've got 1 last regular season game at UNCheat (Net 45, Quad 1 game) on Sat. I'd love to see both Carolina schools not make the tourney. Add in Kentucky sitting at home and it could be the best tourney field ever.

Reaction Score
Looks like an 8 or 9 seed today. Hope they continue to win and move up to the 6 or 7 line. Let's postpone that matchup with Gonzaga, shall we?!
Love the 6 seed. Beat Gtown and get to BET finals game and we gotta ba a 6. Win BET maybe a 5. YES it can be done.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
9-2 with Bouknight. I wonder how much the committee may give us a "bump" with that.

Yes, and I think clearly better with Jackson as well. It's easy to forget all the time he missed. What Sanogo did yesterday is further evidence that we aren't the team we were early on.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That would be cruel to put us as the 8/9 playing Gonzaga second round.

I feel like if we beat Georgetown and get to the Big East Semis (2-1 to finish out the season), then we should get no lower than a 7 seed.

3-1 should be like a 6/7 seed.

Win out, we should be at like a 4 seed.

0-2, then maybe a 8/9.

I think the biggest flaw in our resume is no big wins against ranked teams. USC was nice, but as our signature win... meh. If we win the BET, then that would wipe that away and probably raise our profile significantly in the committees eyes.

Reaction Score
That would be cruel to put us as the 8/9 playing Gonzaga second round.

I feel like if we beat Georgetown and get to the Big East Semis (2-1 to finish out the season), then we should get no lower than a 7 seed.

3-1 should be like a 6/7 seed.

Win out, we should be at like a 4 seed.

0-2, then maybe a 8/9.

I think the biggest flaw in our resume is no big wins against ranked teams. USC was nice, but as our signature win... meh. If we win the BET, then that would wipe that away and probably raise our profile significantly in the committees eyes.
Playing Gonzaga in the second round would be really cruel for them, not us

Reaction Score

With their dismantling of Stanford last night, USC is now:

#17 Net (up from 24)
#16 Kenpom
#21 BPI

True, they fell out of the AP after recent losses, but they are absolutely a Top 25 team. If they beat UCLA Saturday, they will be back in the Top 25.

Not the type of signature win we’d want to hang our hat on to try to get a 3 seed. But as part of resume for a 5 or 6 seed, that is absolutely a quality win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom