Thursday night games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thursday night games

Reaction Score
well TN didn't suffer the much dreaded set back. solid game. nared was amazing once again. 26 points, 10 rebounds 9/10 shooting and 7/8 from free throw line. she's my LV mvp this year. such a great great player.

Reaction Score
well TN didn't suffer the much dreaded set back. solid game. nared was amazing once again. 26 points, 10 rebounds 9/10 shooting and 7/8 from free throw line. she's my LV mvp this year. such a great great player.
Great game by Nared. DD looked good too.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I again have to point out that Nared and Russell were/are more deserving of midseason watchlist status than DeShields.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm really excited about how Nared has played this year. One other thing Nunn now has 1,000 points and rebounds for her career. Yes I know most of those came at Winthrop. Still a good thing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That was actually bad for Duke.... NC State will be favored to win the rest of their games... and they hold the head to head tiebreaker over Duke. Currently its a 4 way tie for 3rd place in the ACC.

I just went and looked at the ACC schedule; Duke will also be the strong favorite in each of its remaining regular-season games. Their two toughest games will be Syracuse and Miami, both at home. Their other four games are Virginia, Pitt, Wake Forest, and UNC.

Of the other three teams tied at 7-3:
  • NC State's remaining 6 games are @Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, @Boston College, Wake Forest, UNC, @Virginia. They'll be favored but considering how inconsistent they've been (almost Tennessee-like), I'd be surprised if they don't suffer at least one loss here. None of those teams except BC is a pushover. Virginia has given visiting teams lots of trouble in Charlottesville: Louisville barely escaped, and VT suffered a historic loss.

• Louisville's next two games are @Notre Dame and @Virginia Tech. If Hines-Allen's injury causes her to miss more than just tonight's game, they will be very vulnerable.

• Syracuse still has to play @Duke and vs. Notre Dame.
Even if Duke can't beat out NC State in the standings, IMHO they should still finish 4th and secure the double-bye for the conference tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even without Hines-Allen.... Louisville is much more talented than State. The Cards still probably have 5-6 McDonalds all-americans without Allen. State has zero on their entire roster.
I think McDonald's AA are over rated. I'd like to see a 5 guys AA team. Much better burgers, and the fries are great.

Well Syracuse is tied with Duke, Louisville, and State in the standings at 7-3. Miami is one game behind. In my opinion, the Tulane loss was much much much worse and unexpected than the loss to UNC. Made worse that they had a double digit lead going into the 4th quarter. They lost the same way to Syracuse and LSU. I cant recall the flow to the Miami game.... i do know they botched that game down the stretch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think McDonald's AA are over rated. I'd like to see a 5 guys AA team. Much better burgers, and the fries are great.

1) Yes perhaps, but there is a strong correlation to recruiting ratings... and Louisville's players are MUCH higher rated coming out of high school than NC State's were. I bet they dont have more than a handful of top 100 players. State's center, who had a good game, I'd never even heard of her until last night. I looked her up on the wolfpack site, and find out that she is from my city, and that she is a junior. :eek:

2) yes..... 5 guys burgers... much much much superior burgers...... and those fries....... those fries......... those fries..... those fries............ :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just went and looked at the ACC schedule; Duke will also be the strong favorite in each of its remaining regular-season games. Their two toughest games will be Syracuse and Miami, both at home. Their other four games are Virginia, Pitt, Wake Forest, and UNC.

Of the other three teams tied at 7-3:
  • NC State's remaining 6 games are @Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, @Boston College, Wake Forest, UNC, @Virginia. They'll be favored but considering how inconsistent they've been (almost Tennessee-like), I'd be surprised if they don't suffer at least one loss here. None of those teams except BC is a pushover. Virginia has given visiting teams lots of trouble in Charlottesville: Louisville barely escaped, and VT suffered a historic loss.

• Louisville's next two games are @Notre Dame and @Virginia Tech. If Hines-Allen's injury causes her to miss more than just tonight's game, they will be very vulnerable.

• Syracuse still has to play @Duke and vs. Notre Dame.
Even if Duke can't beat out NC State in the standings, IMHO they should still finish 4th and secure the double-bye for the conference tourney.

1) I bet State loses @ Ga Tech this Sunday, I wouldnt be surprised to see them lose @ UVA on Senior Night (though i have no idea if UVA has any senior starters.

2) I think Duke wins the rest of their home games... though they will be battles. The game this sunday @UVA scares me. Scares me big-time.

3) A double bye in the ACC tournament if essential if you want a chance at the title. Not sure if their is much difference in a #3 seed and a 4 seed. You'd likely have to beat both ND and FSU to win the title.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'll find Margo in a few

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
1) I bet State loses @ Ga Tech this Sunday, I wouldnt be surprised to see them lose @ UVA on Senior Night (though i have no idea if UVA has any senior starters.

You're going to be disappointed, TriadDukeFan. State doesn't play GaTech until next Thursday night.

Go Wolfpack!

Reaction Score
Those three are one of the best trio's in WCBB. All three averaging 16 ppg.
well you know i agree. ha. they have started to be known as the "big 3"
diamond was 2 assists shy of a triple double last night. we haven't had 3 SOLID scoring options since the holdsclaw era. i just hope MR and DD come back next year!!!! Nared's stock is skyrocketing right now. she's def an AA type player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Trio? geesh guess UConn has one too many in the Core Four... or the Jive Five!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom