Thursday Night Games 2/28/19 | The Boneyard

Thursday Night Games 2/28/19

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Didn't see a thread for the Thursday night games. 10 ranked teams are in action...with 3 battles of ranked teams playing each other.

#10 NC State at #3 Louisville -- The last time NC State ventured into the KFC Yum! Center, they emerged with a victory in OT. Can the Wolfpack Women do it again and spoil senior night for Asia Durr, Sam Fuehring and Arica Carter?

#19 Texas A&M at #11 Kentucky

Georgia Tech at #15 Miami -- MaChelle Joseph's suspension adds an element of intrigue to this matchup. Can the Yellow Jackets solidfy their case for an NCAAT bid without their fiery leader? Can Miami win again and take over sole possession of 3rd place in ACC should NC State fall to Louisville?

#14 South Carolina at Auburn.

#17 Syracuse at #22 Florida State

LSU at #5 Mississippi State

Pepperdine at #15 Gonzaga

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ah, I can't believe it's already the last day of February! This season seems to have flown by.

Other games I'm peeking in on today:
  • Minnesota @ Rutgers (6:30 ET, BTN). Can Rutgers pick up a win with Stringer now on leave for exhaustion? Minnesota won a home game vs. Rutgers on Feb. 3.
  • Vanderbilt @ Tennessee (7:00, SECN). No matter how bad the opponent, a Lady Vols game offers up intrigue and potential drama, if not good basketball.
  • Clemson @ Duke (7:00, ACCNE). If Clemson wins, they're 10-6 in the ACC and a lock for the NCAAs. If Duke wins, they're 13-14 overall and still have a glimmer of hope for postseason (WNIT) play.
  • Ohio State @ Wisconsin (8:30, BTN). Don't look now, but OSU actually has a chance at an at-large bid. A win here puts them at 10-7 in the Big Ten, and they host Rutgers next. Quite a turnaround after starting the season 4-8 overall and 0-3 in conference.
  • Missouri @ Arkansas (9:00, SECN). Assuming that Akira Levy is out with the knee injury she sustained at Auburn, Mizzou could struggle against Arkansas' quick guards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU at #5 Mississippi State

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Can the Yellow Jackets solidfy their case for an NCAAT bid

Solidfy?

I would say they are a stretch now (Creme has them 5th out), and instead desperately need this win to get in contention.

They have wins over Clemson & Georgia (both at home), with losses to Houston, Dayton, & Virginia. They are just 2-7 against the RPI50.

Reaction Score
  • Vanderbilt @ Tennessee

I dont believe a TN class has graduated with a loss to every SEC opponent. 12 of 13 SEC schools have beaten the Vols in the last 4 years. Only Vandy has not. (TN has won 9 straight)

Also seems unlikely that the Vols have ever had a losing record in conference. At 6-8, need to win last 2 games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Solidfy?

I would say they are a stretch now (Creme has them 5th out), and instead desperately need this win to get in contention.

They have wins over Clemson & Georgia (both at home), with losses to Houston, Dayton, & Virginia. They are just 2-7 against the RPI50.
Ha that was the thing that stuck out to me in MaChelle Joseph's statement today. She said the team is "poised to earn a much coveted berth in the NCAA tournament." Somewhat overstating it.

I don't know if this is a must win, but if they lose tonight then they really need to beat Florida State on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I dont believe a TN class has graduated with a loss to every SEC opponent. 12 of 13 SEC schools have beaten the Vols in the last 4 years. Only Vandy has not. (TN has won 9 straight)

Also seems unlikely that the Vols have ever had a losing record in conference. At 6-8, need to win last 2 games.

Good news for the vols is Vandy is an absolute train wreck

As bad as Tennessee can be I think they win their last two games, finish .500 in the conference. That Missouri win was big for them.

Reaction Score
A&M at Kentucky is only on SECN+ streaming, unfortunately. Creme had both as 5 seeds last time I looked. Winner might not make the top 16, but the loser’s chances to host will be hurting.

Mizzou losing to Auburn means both should get the double bye in the SEC tourney, although it’s not clinched.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Huge night in Durham...... Duke needs to win at least one of its last two games to avoid the dreaded 12-13 matchup on Wednesday. If I have to show up at the coliseum at 12:30pm on Wednesday for a game Head bangHead bang

Clemson has lost 22 games in a row to Duke. The last time Clemson won in Durham was Feb 20, 1995. 1995 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Lawd Hammercy :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa. Not only is coach Joseph not there, but two starters for Ga Tech (Pan and Fletcher) did not make the trip to Miami "for personal reasons," according to the commentator.

Hmmmmmm.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Asia Durr absolutely on fire...10 points already and Louisville out to a quick 15-6 lead. Timeout NC State.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Asia Durr has started off ON FIRE, scoring 11 of Louisville's 15 points in the first 4 minutes of the game.

Wes Moore calls TO, his team down 15-6.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yikes. Total demolition in the Yum Center. Louisville is on pace to score 140.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
My goodness...it's a blowout already. 36-13, end of 1 quarter. I think Durr has 24 points. Cards shot a little less than 70% in the quarter.

NC State gives up, on average, 59 points a game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yikes. Total demolition in the Yum Center. Louisville is on pace to score 140.

Last year in Raleigh, Louisville sprinted to a 32-4 lead...but NC State got within 4 points by the middle of the 4th quarter. Maybe we can crawl ourselves back into this one.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A&M at Kentucky is only on SECN+ streaming, unfortunately. Creme had both as 5 seeds last time I looked. Winner might not make the top 16, but the loser’s chances to host will be hurting.

Mizzou losing to Auburn means both should get the double bye in the SEC tourney, although it’s not clinched.
Curious that today's games include two matchups between Creme's projected 5 seeds: A&M-Kentucky and Syracuse-FSU.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Game turning nasty in Louisville. Double unsportsmanlike fouls called on Bianca Dunham and Kiara Leslie. Then, Leslie called for an offensive foul, her third. Wes Moore gets T'd up. NC State got back to within 16 but now it's a 40-22 game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
God these homer announcers at Louisville are unfailingly annoying. Thank God this is the last time they're working a game this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Game turning nasty in Louisville. Double unsportsmanlike fouls called on Bianca Dunham and Kiara Leslie. Then, Leslie called for an offensive foul, her third. Wes Moore gets T'd up. NC State got back to within 16 but now it's a 40-22 game.

:eek: Timestamp? Might have to check that out later tonight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom