Thursday Night Football (NCAA/NFL) Thursday October 4

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Houston 17 Tulsa 16 on ESPN is surprising
Troy blasting GA St on ESPNU 23-6
Patriots 24 Colts 3 at half on FOX

Reaction Score
Tulsa is playing the way we would like to be. Excellent O-line and run game. RB's hard to bring down. Good tackling on defense with takeaways.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Tulsa is playing the way we would like to be. Excellent O-line and run game. RB's hard to bring down. Good tackling on defense with takeaways.

They looked absolutely inept against Temple two weeks ago. I mean, they were so bad I thought we could give them a game. Not so sure after this showing at Houston.

Reaction Score
Tulsa was up 26-17 early 4th. I blinked and now they're down 41-26. Wha hoppen?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Tulsa was up 26-17 early 4th. I blinked and now they're down 41-26. Wha hoppen?

Turnovers are critical man

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Remember about 5-10 years ago when NCAAF on Thursday night was a marque game to start the weekend's slate of games?

Yeah. NFL saw those ratings and decided to own Thursday night football. Conferences an TV partners quickly realized they would be overpaying going forward because regardless of match up NFL kills college ratings.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah, so maybe we will see more Friday night colleg football or even a more serious stab for Wednesday night football which could be played coming off by weeks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, so maybe we will see more Friday night colleg football or even a more serious stab for Wednesday night football which could be played coming off by weeks.

Friday night is a dead night for football viewing. Too much Friday Night Lights for HS football for most of the country. Just like the AAC's sunday night games a few years ago on CBSSN. Sounds great to say you have a game on national TV but rating were non existent.

Reaction Score
The NFL needs to give up TNF. With the next contract, I would imagine the NFL players say enough. It's one thing where in college you don't play the weekend before and/or after, but the pros can't fully recover from a sunday game and play on thursday. This is insanity.

Reaction Score
The NFL needs to give up TNF. With the next contract, I would imagine the NFL players say enough. It's one thing where in college you don't play the weekend before and/or after, but the pros can't fully recover from a sunday game and play on thursday. This is insanity.

Agreed, have a Saturday night game and keep the week college only. With 130 FBS teams there's at least the possibility of scheduling bye weeks either before or after a wed/thurs game.

Reaction Score
The bye week should always be before the Thursday game. That way you get a couple extra days to prep for the following Saturday game. Bye week - Thursday game - 9 days - Saturday game. A Thursday game should be a reward not a punishment. The Thursday game should be a marquee matchup, Ohio St v Michigan, Alabama v Auburn, Pitt v WVU, UConn v UMass( uh...:))

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm gonna put this here, given AV played for both teams.

It's not super surprising for a kicker to have a 23 year career. A few have kicked that long and yes, Hershel Walker was at the 11th hour of his career, but the man could probably still run the 40 in 4.9 secs. Whereas kicker speeds might as well be measured with a sundial.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom