THURSDAY: NET #2 NC State v NET #3 UNC | The Boneyard

THURSDAY: NET #2 NC State v NET #3 UNC

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Okay, BIG GAME. Can UNC show that they are worthy of higher ranking in the human polls despite their poor SOS to date?

Reminder: this thread is for pre-game and post game discussion only. Game time discussion only in the chat room.

Thanks...is this game tonight? I'm commuting right now and don't have all "tools" next to me.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
As Rebecca Lobo used to say..."Don't poke the bear".

1641435129440.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As Rebecca Lobo used to say..."Don't poke the bear".

View attachment 72294

Ha... I came into the thread to post this. I was listening to some Triangle sports radio this afternoon, and caught the tailend of them discussing the game and something about riling up the State fanbase, and didn't know what they were referring to. Found out about it a lil later. Judging by the responses on the Wolfpack forum and on twitter..... lets just say the pack fans are less than enthralled with Banghart. :rolleyes:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ha... I came into the thread to post this. I was listening to some Triangle sports radio this afternoon, and caught the tailend of them discussing the game and something about riling up the State fanbase, and didn't know what they were referring to. Found out about it a lil later. Judging by the responses on the Wolfpack forum and on twitter..... lets just say the pack fans are less than enthralled with Banghart. :rolleyes:
When I heard about what she said, I immediately thought of Nilsson's "Coconut" and the line "You're such a silly woman".

It's UNC, our most hated rival. A matchup of two highly-ranked teams. That game was going to be a sellout regardless. Even in State's down years, the UNC game nearly sold out Reynolds.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Will be fitting justice for NC State to win this game. The last two seasons, it was UNC which handed NC State its first loss of the season. This year, it's UNC that's undefeated going into the game and with NC State an opportunity to hand the Heels their first loss.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Will be fitting justice for NC State to win this game. The last two seasons, it was UNC which handed NC State its first loss of the season. This year, it's UNC that's undefeated going into the game and with NC State an opportunity to hand the Heels their first loss.
I'd totally forgotten about how that transpired the last two seasons. Rather surprising in view of NC State's elevated status of late ... but as @triaddukefan has pointed out, the record books are thrown every which-a-way in rivalry games like this.

I very much like NC State's chances.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm upset with Coach Moore... pulled his starters way too early. Should have beat em down by 40 :mad:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State became the first ACC team to reach 400 ACC wins with tonight's 72-45 defeat of North Carolina.

Reaction Score
How were the NET rankings so off on UNC? I understand they were “uNdeFeaTeD” but they literally played no one. their biggest win was boston college? syracuse? how could they have been a NET #2 for so long. Can someone dumb it down for me?

Does the NET account for the SoS BEFORE the games are even played? Like their future, upcoming conference opponent games are difficult so they get those points even if they didn’t even play those games yet?

My apologies if I am very ignorant to how NET works. Didn’t realize the tool was this off. Concerning considering this tool is highly regarded for tournament seeding.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State became the first ACC team to reach 400 ACC wins with tonight's 72-45 defeat of North Carolina.

Well you do know that Duke would have been first if it weren't for us opting out of the rest of the season last year. :rolleyes: ;):p :D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Doesn't the NET take scoring margin into account?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well you do know that Duke would have been first if it weren't for us opting out of the rest of the season last year. :rolleyes: ;):p :D
We don't know that for sure. Duke could have gone winless. We'll never know for sure! ;)
:p:D

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the entire game as I knew it was going to get out of hand quick. One thing I thought was cool was the announcers talking about the impact of the NC State team now and their ticket sales.

I'm not a business fanatic, but I do find the business side interesting. Hearing that seat licenses are required for the courtside and the demand has increased caught my attention. Kudos to Coach Moore and the staff for building the program and the support for the program.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the entire game as I knew it was going to get out of hand quick. One thing I thought was cool was the announcers talking about the impact of the NC State team now and their ticket sales.

I'm not a business fanatic, but I do find the business side interesting. Hearing that seat licenses are required for the courtside and the demand has increased caught my attention. Kudos to Coach Moore and the staff for building the program and the support for the program.
SC does the premium seating court side also and they are sold out. There is money to be made on the women’s side with the good programs for sure.

Reaction Score
SC does the premium seating court side also and they are sold out. There is money to be made on the women’s side with the good programs for sure.
It further confirms that women's basketball is viable and can generate revenue. What these coaches have done for their respective programs on a business side should be noted more often in my opinion.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I realize NC State really turned out last night, and I'm sure it wasn't UNC best night since they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, but dang, I was really impressed by NC State. They are one of the most complete teams I've seen this season, with balanced scoring, good team defense, and a lot of variety in their offense. Probably one of the most complete performances I've seen from any team this season.

Reaction Score
NET result:

The win jumped NC State from #2 to #1.

The shellacking dropped UNC only to #5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member