Thursday 2/23 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thursday 2/23 games

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Diamond makes a difference when she is out there.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

What happened in the Tennessee game ?

Tennessee was down by 7 with less than 4 minutes to play, but then went on something like a 10-0 run.

Lots of fouls called on Florida in the 4th quarter, virtually none against Tennessee until the Vols started fouling intentionally to give away fouls and eat up time.

The 5th foul call on Ronni Williams (FL's best player by far) looked bizarre to me. On another play down the stretch, Diamond went for a fast-break layup and got breathed on for the and-one.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Didn't like the 5th foul called on Williams but the rest of that collapse was Florida's fault, and it started prior to her leaving.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee was down by 7 with less than 4 minutes to play, but then went on something like a 10-0 run.

Lots of fouls called on Florida in the 4th quarter, virtually none against Tennessee until the Vols started fouling intentionally to give away fouls and eat up time.

The 5th foul call on Ronni Williams (FL's best player by far) looked bizarre to me. On another play down the stretch, Diamond went for a fast-break layup and got breathed on for the and-one.
It's was a 13-2 run.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Didn't like the 5th foul called on Williams but the rest of that collapse was Florida's fault, and it started prior to her leaving.

Have to agree. Some really bad work taking care of the ball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
MSU-Kentucky going down to the wire. Vivians just hit a 3 to cut the KY lead to 1, 55 secs to play.

Reaction Score

according to the new rules breathing on a star is a foul

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow. The KY player just steamrolled over Blair Shaefer's screen exactly the same way Kaela Davis did at the end of the SC-MSU game. This time the officials called it.

Reaction Score
Murray for KY went 1 for 2 at the free throw line with 21 seconds, allowing Miss to tie it with a two pointer instead of a three pointer. You CAN'T miss those late free throws! (Right, Crystal?)
Going to overtime.

Reaction Score
KY upsets Miss St. KY will finish no worse than 3rd in the SEC (who had that?), and would finish 2nd if they beat SC this weekend, and the Gamecocks lose to TAMU tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
On senior day for Epps and Akhator, KY prevails in OT.

Akhator finished with 27 points and 16 rebounds. When she's not in foul trouble, she is an All-American. Epps got 22 and 5 assists. Vivians had 27 in the loss.

Huge win for Kentucky, which puts them right back in the mix for possibly hosting. They'd dropped two tough OT losses in the OOC to both Louisville and Arizona State, so this one has to feel extra good for them.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
So the #1 seed will be changed?

IMO this loss moves Notre Dame up to #3 overall. If SC wins at A&M tonight, it might possibly put SC back at #4 and drop MSU to #5 (highest 2-seed). SC would still have more losses but also more quality wins and a tougher schedule than MSU.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Florida got hosed by the officials!!! The minute the bogus foul on Ronni Williams put her on the bench the Gators offense stalled.

I really wish the players could decide the game and not the officials.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kentucky is a good loss if Miss St had to lose. IMO this loss drops them to the 3rd #1 Seed. Notre Dame is still behind them as the 4th #1 Seed. The SEC tournament will determine which of the SEC teams gets the #1 Seed. This presumes Notre Dame wins the ACC tournament.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Like i said before.....

A LOT will be decided after conference tournaments. ACC/SEC/PAC12 could have any of the top seeds come out as the winner.

Should be a great finish!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kentucky is a good loss if Miss St had to lose. IMO this loss drops them to the 3rd #1 Seed. Notre Dame is still behind them as the 4th #1 Seed. The SEC tournament will determine which of the SEC teams gets the #1 Seed. This presumes Notre Dame wins the ACC tournament.

IMO Baylor's win over Texas moved Baylor ahead of MSU, in which case MSU was already the third #1 seed coming into tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
SC took total control of A&M in the second half, and won comfortably without Coates (injured her ankle vs. Missouri).

Reaction Score
Florida got hosed by the officials!!! The minute the bogus foul on Ronni Williams put her on the bench the Gators offense stalled.

I really wish the players could decide the game and not the officials.

Every game I watch, I see several questionable/ bogus calls that are having a big impact on the outcome of the game. I guess most fans are so starved for offense that they do not mind. I do, WBB is becoming unwatchable, just like the NBA.

The officials need to leave their egos in the locker room and let the players play. No one wants to watch some arrogant official show their superior knowledge of game, when thousands of fans see no contact or minimal contact, that the official claim is foul.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For those who arent sleeping yet back east. After 1 UW 20 Colo 18.
Osahor has 15 points and 5 rebounds.
Plum has only taken one shot. She has made 2FT's

Reaction Score
SC took total control of A&M in the second half, and won comfortably without Coates (injured her ankle vs. Missouri).

For some reason the offense looks 100% better with Coates not in the game with Wilson or vice versa. I wonder if Dawn will play smaller with either one at 5 and 4 guards on the perimeter. It give both of them tons of room to operate down low and it also allows us to play much faster.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Half time in Seattle
Colo 27
#11 UW 38

Osahor has a Double Double with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Also 3 for5 on three pointers
Plum has 9 points.

Plebe

Reaction Score
For those who arent sleeping yet back east. After 1 UW 20 Colo 18.
Osahor has 15 points and 5 rebounds.
Plum has only taken one shot. She has made 2FT's

Osahor already has a double-double in the 1st half: 19 points, 10 rebounds.
Plum "only" has 9 points but she has 4 assists.
Colorado is playing pretty well, though. Not an easy out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UW up 38-27 at half. Cold shooting other than Osahor. 5-17 from 3 for the team, Plum is only 2-7 overall (but 5-6 from the line and 4 assists). Osahor is KILLING Colorado, 19 pts. and 10 rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom