Thursday 1st Round games thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Thursday 1st Round games thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
looks like the late night dogs will get an "attaboy" and lovely parting gifts.
Penn State is waxing A&M. Louisiana won’t win but as an 11 point dog? No. Kentucky showing why Houston isn’t all that.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The most impressive teams of the day by a mile- Duke, UCLA, Penn St.

Auburn and Arkansas in the next tier.

Overall, everyone else looking MID

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One thing that really frustrates me in the Youtube era is how many times players on a big underdog resort to hero ball in the last 2 minutes of potentially huge upsets, and end up blowing it for their team.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
At least second time I’ve seen this. Duke wins once and some people melt. No respect for Marquette? They already showed out once in the garden.
Marquette has my respect it sure does. I have them and Duke in some of my brackets in the Final Four coming out of MSG but who knows. It's all fluid all depending all circumstantial.
All it takes is a bad day, or 1 dumb play like Virginia, etc. But this is the most balanced field I've ever seen, more upsets tomorrow for sure. Hopefully Iona isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
I mean, they were in the E8 last year, the Final Four the year before, and the Sweet 16 the tournament prior. At some point you just tip your cap and say they're good, right?
Houston lost their best player to injury in conference semi then got smoked by Memphis in the finals a team they beat easily in Memphis the last regular season game .
Sasser played only 14 minutes today. And Scored 5 points that doesn’t sound promising , He is by far their Leading score and second In assists .
Don’t bet against Samson finding away to go a little further. But without a healthy Sasser anyone picking them to go far wasn’t wasn’t paying attention.
Nobody that wins every conference road game is overrated. I don’t care what conference you’re in .

Reaction Score
Houston lost their best player to injury in conference semi then got smoked by Memphis in the finals a team they beat easily in Memphis the last regular season game .
Sasser played only 14 minutes today. And Scored 5 points that doesn’t sound promising , He is by far their Leading score and second In assists .
Don’t bet against Samson finding away to go a little further. But without a healthy Sasser anyone picking them to go far wasn’t wasn’t paying attention.
Nobody that wins every conference road game is overrated. I don’t care what conference you’re in .
I think Houston is really good. If he's really hurt, they're almost certainly losing tomorrow. Regardless, that doesn't invalidate their 1-seed or suggest they were overrated. That that you're saying this.

Reaction Score
Was watching the Tennessee game and it felt like a bad version UConn game. I really hope we break their will and run away with it, bc I can see that happening. Made 3s, crowd noise followed by press. Turnovers and missed free throws. Just felt like the bad version of how this could go (but they won so that’s all that matters).

Reaction Score
I'm a day late but WOW what a first day

Thought Maryland was done after 10 minutes. WVU had them on lock. I look away for a few minutes at work and suddenly it's tied. West Virginia made Maryland play 4v5 by taking Jahmir Young out of the game but they still managed to take it. That was a rockfight, lots of fouls called and they probably only called half of what they "should" have. Not complaining, it was fun to watch

As soon as Virginia threw that STUPID 50 foot hail mary falling out of bounds, I knew it was over. The basketball gods wouldn't let that go. Only fitting that Furman picks it up and launches the winning three. Speaking of threes, Virginia shot 2-12 on them

I couldn't watch Princeton/Arizona but I'm all in for an Ivy run. I was pulling for Charleston too, a 12/13 matchup would have been cool

My bracket is in shambles because I had Virginia in the final four (silly me) and Arizona in the championship. So now after about 6 hours of March Madness, I'm only pulling for 2 things. UConn Ws, and complete chaos everywhere else

Reaction Score
St. Mary's with the early game could be interesting. They are on Pacific time. And the UCONN fans should be rooting for the rams as the lower seed.

Reaction Score
Was watching the Tennessee game and it felt like a bad version UConn game. I really hope we break their will and run away with it, bc I can see that happening. Made 3s, crowd noise followed by press. Turnovers and missed free throws. Just felt like the bad version of how this could go (but they won so that’s all that matters).
Bad version is AJax, Sanogo, and Clingan with 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes (or less), Hawk getting face guarded right out of the offense, bad Newton showing up, and all three supporting guards being off from three.

Reaction Score
Kenny Smith opens the show by saying Princeton over Arizona and Furman over Virginia aren't upsets but just good wins because it's not an upset when 25 year olds are beating 17 year olds. Virginia has the 4th oldest team in the country, Arizona 51st (Princeton is 124th and Furman is 313th). Just a bad take all around

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Strong disagree on that, St Mary's is a much better matchup if we get past Iona
Can we stop with the negativity, it's bad fo mojo. The truth is that if we say our game we'll be fine regardless of the opponent, if we don't, it could spell trouble.

Oh, and ...

748499871fc110bb61280d957793ef6a.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom