Thug U | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thug U

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Well, I didn't say we should tear you apart and feed you to the wolves, either.

Look, do I think what this board says about Miami will be, to use your phrase, "the last factor" in an ACC decision on us. No, of course not. Didn't say that and don't think that.

But we are in a somewhat desperate time in our programs' existence, and I am of the opinion that doing anything with any risk of annoying someone who may contribute to a decision is something that I, personally, don't want to see done. I can't tell you what you can or can't do, but that is my opinion.

And, I know that even saying the following categorizes me as a dinosaur to anyone under thirty, but there is ample evidence out in the real world that people harm their own interests on a daily basis by their use of social media, not paying enough consideration to the consequences of what they post by virtue of the reactions and uses of information by others.

I love UConn sports. I would rather not see posts that might harm it.

I completely agree with BL on this one. Social media is completely undervalued on the impact it has on people's opinions. I often see comments on this board that make me wince. A number of time I have been close to leaving a post like BL's, but I figured I would get the typical "yeah like message boards really impact these decisions" posts. Which...is exactly what happened after BL posted.

These comments probably won't impact any decisions....but on the small chance it may have some influence, I would rather not take the chance.

Reaction Score
Matt P, I totally agree. Screw Miami! I would never wanna suck up to there corrupt program. This thread was started as a joke, and humor on the board is great stuff.

To honestly think that making fun of Miami punks on the boneyard will cost us a chance at the ACC is just comical.

Punks always deserve to be called out, no matter what team/school they play for. Even if they play for Uconn.

Reaction Score
wow,
this whole thread is pathetic
to hell w/ any nACC fan/lurker/AD skimming boards such as these, and highly doubtful anyhow that anyone w/ a deciding vote on conference expansion is amongst them
i 4 1 have zero interest in UConn begging 4 an ACC invite, somebody in the Northeast needs to stand strong, and enough already w/ kissing up to the southeastern states, hoping they'll slip an invitation under the door.
thanks but no thanks.
UConn is a great college brand, and will continue being so whether in the nACC or a BIG east that is half-constituted from parts-unknown

Reaction Score
Well, I didn't say we should tear you apart and feed you to the wolves, either.

Look, do I think what this board says about Miami will be, to use your phrase, "the last factor" in an ACC decision on us. No, of course not. Didn't say that and don't think that.

But we are in a somewhat desperate time in our programs' existence, and I am of the opinion that doing anything with any risk of annoying someone who may contribute to a decision is something that I, personally, don't want to see done. I can't tell you what you can or can't do, but that is my opinion.

And, I know that even saying the following categorizes me as a dinosaur to anyone under thirty, but there is ample evidence out in the real world that people harm their own interests on a daily basis by their use of social media, not paying enough consideration to the consequences of what they post by virtue of the reactions and uses of information by others.

I love UConn sports. I would rather not see posts that might harm it.

A little too up with yourself, actually a lot too up with yourself. So it was ok to post pre Syracuse/Pitt leaving but not now? Never mind this post, I want to know our poster that made TCU mad? Hope Louiville, WV and Cin. boards are posting bad comments about Baylor so they get no invites to the Big 12.

Shalala was in the Clinton administration, she saw nothing wrong with the Pres shoving a cigar up some intern, I'm sure she can handle this thread.

I actually though the old criminals vs. catholics captured Miami the best.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with BL on this one. Social media is completely undervalued on the impact it has on people's opinions. I often see comments on this board that make me wince. A number of time I have been close to leaving a post like BL's, but I figured I would get the typical "yeah like message boards really impact these decisions" posts. Which...is exactly what happened after BL posted.

These comments probably won't impact any decisions....but on the small chance it may have some influence, I would rather not take the chance.
Unless someone goes Chris Crocker on youtube saying, "LEAVE THE BIG EAST ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!", these message boards don't impact school administrators. It only affects what fans think of other fans. If fanbases actually get riled up over another school's fanbase, that's instant rivalry, anyway. The FSU school president did say we are playing good football, in his opinion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

If that's the way you choose to live your life, fine. I agree it's pathetic. If the day of reckoning finally comes and UConn does not make the cut and the reason given is "We didn't like the way some posters on a message board wrote about one of our members", would you actually believe them?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If that's the way you choose to live your life, fine. I agree it's pathetic. If the day of reckoning finally comes and UConn does not make the cut and the reason given is "We didn't like the way some posters on a message board wrote about one of our members", would you actually believe them?
Obviously they wouldn't say that....they wouldn't probably say anything...but if they did it would be something like "We selected schools that fit best into our culture". Who knows what that would mean, but it could be they prefer a school that isn't antagonistic toward fellow conference schools.

Again...it probably doesn't matter...but who knows if Billy Bob the booster for Clemson, who probably knows nothing about UConn, decides to poke around on the internet to get a feel for potential conference mates. He probably has a perception that the Yankees from UConn are arrogant, don't understand real southern football and are a basketball school. If he read a few of these threads, I think his opinion would be confirmed...(especially the ones by Nelson...lol).

Reaction Score
Good. Gratuitiously Insulting programs while we are asking them for favors. Love to see strategy being used to its fullest.

Come on people don't you know Swofford, Shalala, and all ACC ADs are weekly subscribers to BL's weekly rag, 'the view from section 241'?

Get with it we need to watch what we say around here!

Reaction Score
Obviously they wouldn't say that....they wouldn't probably say anything...but if they did it would be something like "We selected schools that fit best into our culture". Who knows what that would mean, but it could be they prefer a school that isn't antagonistic toward fellow conference schools.

Again...it probably doesn't matter...but who knows if Billy Bob the booster for Clemson, who probably knows nothing about UConn, decides to poke around on the internet to get a feel for potential conference mates. He probably has a perception that the Yankees from UConn are arrogant, don't understand real southern football and are a basketball school. If he read a few of these threads, I think his opinion would be confirmed...(especially the ones by Nelson...lol).

Have you ever read Eagle Outsider? If message boards determined conference alignment BCU would be thrown out of the league. That board is the biggest pile of human crap ever assembled on the interwebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom