Throw tomatoes at Adub part XII | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Throw tomatoes at Adub part XII

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK appropriate thread.

next two weeks 4 gigs 4 bands, people asked for a heads up. Here it is:

7/1 - Watkins Glen Band ( Allman Brothers, the Band, Steely Dan, all other early 70s gems, we just put together a medley of "Im your captain>Ride Captain Ride" at rehearsal last night) Hungry Tiger Manchester, block party outdoors 7 -10PM
7/2- Dead Show - yup you guessed it, all Grateful Dead (just off our 2 weekend run of Palace theater, Waterbury and Capitol Theater, Portchester) Hungry Tiger Manchester, block party outdoors 6-10PM. (Same place so I can leave my gear there from night before, YAY ME!)
7/3 - RGB - Crystal Bees' , Southington . Im just a hired fill in guitar for this gig but I guess the bass player was from Vince Welnick (last Grateful Dead keyboardist) band. 5-8 PM. I think it aint all GD though. some classic rock mixed in. Also this place has a kickass Arcade and like 10 bowling lanes.

7/9 - Rolling Thunder Revival- Magic Mountain, Londonderry, VT. - Total Bob Dylan tribute made up of me and my now 6 month pregnant- dont worry she still kicks ass, fiancée, and Scott Murawski and Bill Carbone of Max Creek on guitar and Drums. Its a single day festival on the mountain. 5 bands. Max Creek is headlining too! 1200 capacity 1160 already sold, so if you are near, these are cheap tix for a beautiful day on the mountain. It will sell out before gig.

After that, Im going into hibernation (actually Scotland, but amounts to same thing.)
First show sounds great. Always a sucker for I'm your Captain/Ride Captain Ride. Alas, I'm not close and will be in St. Louis. Some day I need to return to my hometown, stay with old HS friends and catch one of these at Hungry Tiger.

Scotland again? It must have made an impression. I hope you are fully ambulatory this time. Edinburgh? Glasgow? The Islands? I continue to give this play very high marks. Cadenhead's as well for the living cask stuff.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
7/3 - RGB - Crystal Bees' , Southington . Im just a hired fill in guitar for this gig but I guess the bass player was from Vince Welnick (last Grateful Dead keyboardist) band. 5-8 PM. I think it aint all GD though. some classic rock mixed in. Also this place has a kickass Arcade and like 10 bowling lanes.
How are the speed traps/DUI checkpoints on I84 between Southington and Danbury on a Sunday night?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Scotland again? It must have made an impression. I hope you are fully ambulatory this time. Edinburgh? Glasgow? The Islands? I continue to give this play very high marks. Cadenhead's as well for the living cask stuff.
He's marrying into nobility with a castle :)

In a couple of years he'll be showing the serfs how to roast jerk kestrel and grouse over a pimento wood fire.

Anyway, August is a great time to be in Edinburgh for Fringe/Military Tattoo. Most entertaining week I've spent anywhere, ever.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
First show sounds great. Always a sucker for I'm your Captain/Ride Captain Ride. Alas, I'm not close and will be in St. Louis. Some day I need to return to my hometown, stay with old HS friends and catch one of these at Hungry Tiger.

Edinburgh mostly. Then the firth of Clyde ( family house , not a castle! on other side)

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
How are the speed traps/DUI checkpoints on I84 between Southington and Danbury on a Sunday night?
I wouldn’t know, I always drive such an indirect route back to old Lyme 84 >9>95

August_West

Reaction Score
He's marrying into nobility with a castle :)

In a couple of years he'll be showing the serfs how to roast jerk kestrel and grouse over a pimento wood fire.

Anyway, August is a great time to be in Edinburgh for Fringe/Military Tattoo. Most entertaining week I've spent anywhere, ever.
I was there for fringe ( on a mobility scooter) last year. Might need one again . Just for convenience

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That figures; I'm heading to New Hampshire this weekend (to see my son) and A-Dub is playing Ct spots all weekend. Next weekend, when I'll be back home, he's playing in NH.

I guess higher authorities are opposed to heckling.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
nice she is going to Conn college iirc? Send her to see one of my 4 bands. We play steely dan.... nothing entertains college students more than seeing a bunch of decrepit UConn grads playing their favorite songs. In the meantime here is an Any Major Dude for her viewing pleasure :)
this is good.
ur the one working the lights, right?
howz aboot taking this one up a notch

to full on metal, past heavy but shy of death, (keep the beat! keep the beat! it's a dancer...) slap it up on utube. i bet that the subcontinent rings u up to at least a million hits.... now, that'll be some rage party action.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
That figures; I'm heading to New Hampshire this weekend (to see my son) and A-Dub is playing Ct spots all weekend. Next weekend, when I'll be back home, he's playing in NH.

I guess higher authorities are opposed to heckling.
Or he's avoiding Fairfield County because of it? Park City Music Hall too high a bar? :p

August_West

Reaction Score
Or he's avoiding Fairfield County because of it? Park City Music Hall too high a bar? :p

I played park city in February. They are bringing us back in September I think. They dont like to book the same band too frequently. At least not mine

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I played park city in February. They are bringing us back in September I think. They dont like to book the same band too frequently. At least not mine
Hopefully not 9/10, everyone will be at the Rent to watch the Huskies put a beating on the Orange. BTW I've known John T since he was a kid doing ticketing at the Vibes around 2001. Great guy! Nice to have a musician running a venue.

Reaction Score
RI. A frisbee throw from JC's house actually.

Will always love the Vineyard, but high season just got to be too much of a hassle in all ways. Had a great time out there for our anniversary last year in late September and early October and want to keep doing that whenever we can, but we're heading to San Francisco this year instead (for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass) because we had airline credit from last year's cancelled Key West trip that we had to use or lose.
Late September/early October is a great time to go especially if you hit some nice weather. Easy to get your car across as well if you need to bring it. The last time we went, we had some great lobsters from the fish market in Menemsha eating them on a spool table.

Reaction Score
That stretch is a disaster waiting to happen. New highway between southington and cheshire which is like a raceway. Then you got Waterbury. Nuff said. Then it gets hilly and curvy and changes between 2 lanes and added slow lanes which are usually used for passing. So, pedal to the metal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom