Three Units for AAC | The Boneyard

Three Units for AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a high stakes money game for the conferences. I'll happily eat my words on the projection if Cincy takes out KY, but 3 units for the whole conference? I'm not sure how they spend all of the money and don't care to research it, but after this year my guess is "more frugally than last year"

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

Uconn made the conference more money last year than the entire conference will make this year.

Reaction Score
72,727 dollars for each school the next 6 years. Thanks SMU and Cincy.

Not sure what last year's payout per unit was, let's assume 1.5 million as opposed to 1.6 for this year, but the American played 12 games instead of 3. So last year was about 272,000 for each school over the next 6 years.

Reaction Score
The article states a rumor of Gonzaga to the New Big East. Is that a joke or a serious rumor? Doesn't seem reasonable for the New Big East to have one west coast team. This is AAC insanity. LOL!

Reaction Score
I think they should give out units based on the seed you beat, not simply for a win.

Reaction Score
This is a high stakes money game for the conferences. I'll happily eat my words on the projection if Cincy takes out KY, but 3 units for the whole conference? I'm not sure how they spend all of the money and don't care to research it, but after this year my guess is "more frugally than last year"

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

Uconn made the conference more money last year than the entire conference will make this year.

that is a fascinating article, mainly the graphs.

Reaction Score
The article states a rumor of Gonzaga to the New Big East. Is that a joke or a serious rumor? Doesn't seem reasonable for the New Big East to have one west coast team. This is AAC insanity. LOL!
The Zags have an open request to join the Big East as a basketball only member. They have for a while and it isn't a big secret. Their conference sucks and they would like to move up in weight class. So far the league has said no.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The WCC isn't that bad. It's definitely the premier non-football conference on the West Coast. Since it appears hybrid leagues are a thing of the past, the Zags should probably get used to playing St. Mary's, BYU and Portland for the long haul.

That or start playing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer