"Three to See" | The Boneyard

"Three to See"

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It's Early, but the results are not entirely unexpected (by me)

Sky's team: 0 and 4

Britt's team: 0 and 2 (I allow a little bit of surprise here…so much talent, no discipline).

EDD's team: 3 and 0 and looking like world beaters. Balanced scoring yesterday, maybe Elena took a few too many shots.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
It's Early, but the results are not entirely unexpected (by me) ... ... ... maybe Elena took a few too many shorts.

So you're sayin' that Elena's a shorts-hog....

Did some of her teammates have to play shortless? Geez, I didn't see that comin either... Heck, now I'm even more disappointed to have missed those games. Whatta sight to see... You're a lucky guy for sure...

YOPB

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Did some of her teammates have to play shortless? Geez, I didn't see that comin either... Heck, now I'm even more disappointed to have missed those games. Whatta sight to see... You're a lucky guy for sure...

YOPB

Thanks Boo, good eyes, my spell-checker didn't pick it up for the obvious reason that nothing was mis-spelled.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Nice political cheapshot.

I agree... these political jabs have been becoming a far too frequent part of the BY WCBB forum... Nan has repeatedly asked us to knock it off and some persist even when a venue like the Cesspool is open to all... is it that we can't control ourselves? Some are proving that the need the political equivalent of Depends when they can't hold it in and let one slip....

Obviously, the danger comes in for a forum like this because people of all political persuasions have become hyper-sensitive to remarks that are swipes at people, programs, or ideals they support... And then our blindness takes over allowing us to be nearly completely blind to the occasions we ourselves take a swipe at some other person's person, program, or set of ideals....

Of course, we can justify and rationalize to ourselves that it is all born out of a sense of courage and justice... After all, we are just standing up for what is right... so its all good if WE do it...but those other (pick your word::: evil, naive, childish, mean, greedy, etc....) do it.... Well, that's another story entirely...

Tiresome....

YOPB

Reaction Score
I don't know how to add a link to this article, but I found it interesting. The article is from the Chicago Tribune.

As much as Diggins is billed as the league's future along with Griner and Delle Donne, she is reluctant to be grouped with them and assume instant stardom as a rookie.
"I didn't ask for any of this 'Three to See' stuff," she said. "I thought the 'Three to See' was just in college. It can cause some friction (with other players). Nobody said anything directly. I don't know how that looks. I respect the WNBA and its veterans."

Reaction Score
I don't know how to add a link to this article, but I found it interesting. The article is from the Chicago Tribune.

As much as Diggins is billed as the league's future along with Griner and Delle Donne, she is reluctant to be grouped with them and assume instant stardom as a rookie.
"I didn't ask for any of this 'Three to See' stuff," she said. "I thought the 'Three to See' was just in college. It can cause some friction (with other players). Nobody said anything directly. I don't know how that looks. I respect the WNBA and its veterans."
Spoken from behind the wheel of her new Mercedes.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Wish we could get one, although I'd probably be ahead of everyone on the dislikes. :rolleyes:

I agree and I've often thought it would be a nice little button/link to have, but for a forum with as many old farts as this board has who produce as much sniping and swiping as we do, it might be that its too soon to give us the keys to that car... Its not far fetched to believe that it would just be another vehicle helping us to throw spitballs at each other...

So, I submit that a test case be designed & constructed that has just two test subject Byers in control of such power... we should pick two of the more wonderful and spectacular Byers... meyers, that sounds like you and I would be perfect for that job...

Please make it happen, Nan... we Promise to be good... at least a little good... for a little while... of course, good is contextual and keep in mind that in meyers world and my world, good is just great.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think the board patrolling in this manner is a very positive development, Nan has been more than clear on the subject and miscreants should accept the "note" from their colleagues graciously when offered.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
You know, my sin was merely mentioning the "3 to See" story on the radio and making a light hearted jab at Public Radio.
. . . I guess I'm the old kind of liberal who believes in free speech (yes, even on campus) and the open exchange of ideas.

How was it necessary to get the essence of your message across to add an obvious trigger words [mod edit] to your post...

You knew exactly what you were doing when you included that word... I've read too many of your posts to let you play stupid on this one... Your definitely not a stupid person...

You know full well that we live in a world that is fundamentally different from the days when political hypersensitivity was essentially a academic issue.

You know full well that adding trigger words to your posts add absolutely nothing to your core message but do add a bit of political tripe to spice the place up a bit... Again, you exactly what you were doing...

If you want to exercise your "free speech" rights then do so in a public square, where your free speech rights actually are protected... You know perfectly well that this is not a public square... And then to demagogue free speech is insulting to those who read your post and ultimately insulting to yourself as well... and you know it...

YOPB

JS

Reaction Score
I think the board patrolling in this manner is a very positive development, Nan has been more than clear on the subject and miscreants should accept the "note" from their colleagues graciously when offered.
And maybe we can get back to your topic. Anybody remember what it was?

Case history here. "Lighthearted" political knee-slappers lead to the predictable choosing up of sides in short order. And then, far from gracious acceptance of objections, we have to argue about the danged argument.

Agree with Boo, here and in another thread wherein he decried repeated negative references to generalized places on the political spectrum.

Have pruned the thread a bit. Ain't no such thing as an innocent political jab around here. That's why we have the rule.

CUT . . . IT. . . OUT!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

YOPB
Are you saying that Chicago and EDD got caught short(s)-handed?

edited: that is indeed what I intended RadyLady.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Boy, this is shaping up to be long summer. Think I need a break from the BY.

Reaction Score
You knew exactly what you were doing when you included that word... I've read too many of your posts to let you play stupid on this one... Your definitely not a stupid person...

You know full well that we live in a world that is fundamentally different from the days when political hypersensitivity was essentially a academic issue.

YOPB

Well, thank you for your evaluation.

It's too bad political hypersensitivity is an issue - especially in an intelligent community. That said, obviously, this ain't the place for it.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
especially in an intelligent community. That said, obviously, this ain't the place for it.

Having trouble accepting criticism are we????

So, now you feel the need to insult the board???

Wonderful...

This might just be a good time for me to drop this little exchange with you JG... So, we'll just have to wait till another time for all of this interesting wonderfulness....

YOPB

Reaction Score
Thanks, I was just about to (privately) suggest the same. See, we can agree on stuff.
This might just be a good time for me to drop this little exchange with you JG... So, we'll just have to wait till another time for all of this interesting wonderfulness....

YOPB

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I agree and I've often thought it would be a nice little button/link to have, but for a forum with as many old farts as this board has who produce as much sniping and swiping as we do, it might be that its too soon to give us the keys to that car... Its not far fetched to believe that it would just be another vehicle helping us to throw spitballs at each other...

So, I submit that a test case be designed & constructed that has just two test subject Byers in control of such power... we should pick two of the more wonderful and spectacular Byers... meyers, that sounds like you and I would be perfect for that job...

Please make it happen, Nan... we Promise to be good... at least a little good... for a little while... of course, good is contextual and keep in mind that in meyers world and my world, good is just great.

Your Ol' Pal Boo
I did mean that if there was a dislike button I wouldn't give out the most, but rather I would receive the most. It's better to give than receive anyway. :D

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Boy, this is shaping up to be long summer. Think I need a break from the BY.
You may not be the only one taking a little sabbatical....feeling a little distance for a while might be a good thing, myself....

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
On topic: I can't imagine many "true" vets have their shorts in twist over the Three To See. It's a marketing strategy, and any marketing strategy is BOUND to leave some folks out. At first. If anyone else steps up, I'm sure they'll be the next best thing -- but the point this year is to build on the past NCAA season. Like what happened in 2002.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm coming up with my list of "Three Not to See." The three players I dislike the most. Not sure where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom