Three Takeaways – St. Peter's edition | The Boneyard

Three Takeaways – St. Peter's edition

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No. 1: Too

No. 2: Many

No. 3: Turnovers

There are two aspects of the sport – rebounding and turnovers – where if a team gets sooooo bad at it, almost nothing else matters. Rebounding killed us against St. Joe's, and we improved. Turnovers killed us against Indiana, and... yeah.

It's college, so we goes as far as our guards take us. Let's hope Santa brings them some better decision-making skills this year for Christmas.

Reaction Score
The team defense these guys have shown they are capable of playing (Akok has really been the biggest difference there) coupled with a downturn in turnovers and an uptick in the play of AG and CV (a return to even last year’s production) should put them in the position to compete with any team in the AAC night in, night out. Inconsistency will likely doom them to middle of the pack but if guys keep progressing they might potentially make some noise in the AAC Tourney. Hopefully. Maybe.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No. 1: Too

No. 2: Many

No. 3: Turnovers

There are two aspects of the sport – rebounding and turnovers – where if a team gets sooooo bad at it, almost nothing else matters. Rebounding killed us against St. Joe's, and we improved. Turnovers killed us against Indiana, and... yeah.

It's college, so we goes as far as our guards take us. Let's hope Santa brings them some better decision-making skills this year for Christmas.

We only have one true ball handler. This is what we're gonna get I think. Up and down. Not 26 mind you, but high teens more often.

Last edited:

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I noticed that St. Peter’s cloned Akok two times and at times all three of them were on the court. Weird moments.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I've noticed that Carlton has a really tough time catching hard passes. Every time the ball gets on him with a little zip it's always a turnover. Idk if it's him not being ready for the ball or what but I feel like that's something that happens far too often.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I've noticed that Carlton has a really tough time catching hard passes. Every time the ball gets on him with a little zip it's always a turnover. Idk if it's him not being ready for the ball or what but I feel like that's something that happens far too often.
The phrase you’re looking for is stone hands.

Reaction Score
The team defense these guys have shown they are capable of playing (Akok has really been the biggest difference there) coupled with a downturn in turnovers and an uptick in the play of AG and CV (a return to even last year’s production) should put them in the position to compete with any team in the AAC night in, night out. Inconsistency will likely doom them to middle of the pack but if guys keep progressing they might potentially make some noise in the AAC Tourney. Hopefully. Maybe.
The two guys we need to progress the most are REGRESSING. Not sure how this changes after 4 years for each of them. I just don't see it.

Reaction Score
One positive, other than Akok which is pretty much a given at this point, is no one took more than 7 shots.

Reaction Score
How about the entry passes our guards attempt to make over the D from the top of the key?

If the entry passes follow a series of ball reversals they can work, but we’re attempting them at times the offense is stalling and stagnant. Recipe for disaster. I cringe each time Vital and BAdams toss it.

Entry passes need to be cleaned up to help out Carlton.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Slow twitch muscles?

Reaction Score

I have no idea on some of those entry passes. I would love to have seen what they saw when they tried and failed miserably trying to get the ball to the low post. Just straight forcing it when it’s not there.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nobody could catch some of the passes thrown to Carlton. He was tripled teamed and his teammates still threw into it.

if the ball hits him in the hands he should be able to catch the ball. He is a D1 basketball player don’t make excuses for him.

Reaction Score
I don't blame Carlton. Gilbert and Vital get their pocket picked.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The phrase you’re looking for is stone hands.

and yet he’s Johnny Bench compared to Brimah. Earlier in the year we praised his hands. He catches better than most bigs we’ve had in recent times. I think his reaction times are just slow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom