Three Takeaways – Miami Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three Takeaways – Miami Edition

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It was a blast. Even the storm and how hard it was to get in and out of the city adds to the legend.

That said, I really wish I had gone this weekend. We turned a corner and it would have been great to see in person. Looks like everyone had a blast as well.

Ha, I totally forgot about the storm. Man it was gross out.

I remember a lot of Cuse fans begrudgingly congratulating us and acknowledging that Hurley had us back on the right path. It took a while to see some results but here we are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ha, I totally forgot about the storm. Man it was gross out.

I remember a lot of Cuse fans begrudgingly congratulating us and acknowledging that Hurley had us back on the right path. It took a while to see some results but here we are.
I took the train in but the trains to the city were all getting cancelled. I ended up taking a train into Hoboken, switched to the PATH and then switched to the subway. Hopped a turnstile (along with a bunch of other UConn fans) for the first time in more years than I can remember - it used to be much easier. Walked/jogged the last few blocks and got to MSG just after tip. Sat in a sea of orange but I think that we represented UConn well.

Main highways were stopped on the way home so I took unplowed back roads. It turned out to be the right call but I was thinking, 'if I go off the road I might as well make myself comfortable for night.' No one was out and there were no tire tracks in the 6" of powder.

Reaction Score
Bouk, BAdams, and Gaffney are taking pressure off of Vital and AG (huge).

AA is taking pressure off of Carlton and Whaley with rebound/block production and has a nice outlet pass.

My fingers are crossed the roller coaster ride is over until conference play. We play @ Indiana 12/10 but everyone else is basically a cupcake. I am nervous having lower level teams around the Indiana game.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I took the train in but the trains to the city were all getting cancelled. I ended up taking a train into Hoboken, switched to the PATH and then switched to the subway. Hopped a turnstile (along with a bunch of other UConn fans) for the first time in more years than I can remember - it used to be much easier. Walked/jogged the last few blocks and got to MSG just after tip. Sat in a sea of orange but I think that we represented UConn well.

Main highways were stopped on the way home so I took unplowed back roads. It turned out to be the right call but I was thinking, 'if I go off the road I might as well make myself comfortable for night.' No one was out and there were no tire tracks in the 6" of powder.

Yeah, uh, I took the subway from Grand Central down to Penn Station and then trudged through the snow to a bar to meet my friends. And then took the subway home without even going outside.

So you win. Or at least your story does.

UConn definitely showed out considering the weather.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, uh, I took the subway from Grand Central down to Penn Station and then trudged through the snow to a bar to meet my friends. And then took the subway home without even going outside.

So you win. Or at least your story does.

UConn definitely showed out considering the weather.
The guys I feel for are the ones that drove in and came to the realization that they weren't going to get there. I think at least a few of the guys on the board were in that position.

Reaction Score
Bouk more than replaces JA and AKOK is a huge upgrade. Josh was already improving so we have pieces, but Hurley still has to push the right buttons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom