Three point shooting | The Boneyard

Three point shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One concern with this team was replacing the outside shooting of Bazz, DD, NG, and LK. I know it's early, but I think this team can be very good from deep. We know Boat and RP can knock them down, but I have been impressed by DHam and SamIAm2.0. DHam has a really nice stroke from deep. And with his skills, he is perfect at the center of the zone. If OC can come back, and be a spark off the bench, this team has to have one of the best perimeter attacks in the country. Easily.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I'm still a little skeptical if RP can hit the 3 consistently over a large sample size. He shoots a set shot and takes a long time to get the shot off. I hope he starts using his shot fake because I think it can be very effective with his style of play. I think the perceived lack of shooters has effected T-Sam the most. The defense is giving us and 3 and long 2 but clogging the lanes. T-Sam essentially has no jump shot so when the lanes aren't there he either puts up for a jumper and misses or drives and turns the ball over. So if we can keep making the longer shots it should open things up for him. I would like to see us use the pick and pop more with D-Ham and ScJr as they have good size and I think they are our best shooters.

Reaction Score
Lots of people here are freaking out about our FT and 3 point % after 3 games for no reason. We are shooting 36% from 3 and 74.2% on FT's. There is no reason for concern yet, we are doing very well in both areas.

Reaction Score
I'm still a little skeptical if RP can hit the 3 consistently over a large sample size. He shoots a set shot and takes a long time to get the shot off. I hope he starts using his shot fake because I think it can be very effective with his style of play. I think the perceived lack of shooters has effected T-Sam the most. The defense is giving us and 3 and long 2 but clogging the lanes. T- Sam essentially has no jump shot so when the lanes aren't there he either puts up for a jumper and misses or drives and turns the ball over. So if we can keep making the longer shots it should open things up for him. I would like to see us use the pick and pop more with D-Ham and ScJr as they have good size and I think they are our best shooters.
it doesn't take him a long time at all to get a shot off. he has the same release as wes matthews from marquette/blazers. He does struggle with shooting pull ups, but he compensates that with a very advanced floaters he's developed and had since nc state days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom