Three first-teamers! | The Boneyard

Three first-teamers!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Collier, Samuelson and Williams are assured of Huskies of Honor, as if there were any doubt. Just saw press release from WBCA.

Thanks Slug. This is news we've been waiting for and anticipating for some time.

Reaction Score
So happy that Gabby made it! For the past couple of months, I've been waffling between her and Pheesa as to who the best player on the team is. Last night brought total clarity to all of that. These three will be upper classmen next year, and they will be very hungry for a national championship banner to go alongside their names on the wall, one that they can call their own.

Reaction Score
Interesting, that the team that will be assembled in the Fall will include 3 All Americans and one Honorable mention. This is a far cry from what was assembled in the Fall of 2016. Nice way to start the season including the talent that practiced with them this year and the incoming Freshman Class.

Reaction Score
I am real happy that Gabby Williams was recognized as a First Team All American.
I was afraid she was going to be the odd one out. Congrats to Gabby, Phees and
KLS for this honor . Make some more room on the wall.

Reaction Score
Honorable Mention List:

There sure are some GOOD ballers on this list.

upload_2017-4-1_20-39-45.png

[LINK]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We all know our Huskies would rather have the TEAM Award, but this is an outstanding recognition of 3 players who really made massive jumps in contributions to their team and played outstanding basketball throughout the season. Each was the "Go To Player" during different stages of the season and different games,... as a group they carried on a tradition of excellence at the best Woman's Basketball Program in the Country. We all love watching them play the game they love. We all have our "favorite"... but we also all have our Favorite Team... the UCONN Huskies! I am excited for what the future holds!!! Already looking for next season's schedule and available tickets (if we lived closer than "PAHuskieFan" implies, I'd be going for Season Tickets!!!) Great Season Ladies! Wishing you the best in Italy, and in the 2017/28 season... going for the Ring!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We all know our Huskies would rather have the TEAM Award, but this is an outstanding recognition of 3 players who really made massive jumps in contributions to their team and played outstanding basketball throughout the season. Each was the "Go To Player" during different stages of the season and different games,... as a group they carried on a tradition of excellence at the best Woman's Basketball Program in the Country. We all love watching them play the game they love. We all have our "favorite"... but we also all have our Favorite Team... the UCONN Huskies! I am excited for what the future holds!!! Already looking for next season's schedule and available tickets (if we lived closer than "PAHuskieFan" implies, I'd be going for Season Tickets!!!) Great Season Ladies! Wishing you the best in Italy, and in the 2017/28 season... going for the Ring!!!
that last line is supposed to be 2017/18 season... typing in the dark with the TV on...

Reaction Score
Interesting, that the team that will be assembled in the Fall will include 3 All Americans and one Honorable mention. This is a far cry from what was assembled in the Fall of 2016. Nice way to start the season including the talent that practiced with them this year and the incoming Freshman Class.
I don't see Kia in the Honorable mention ??? I think they treat her as "Canadian, not AA".

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I believe only three players from each team could be on the WBCA regional All-American list that the 1st team as well as the honorable mentions come from.

Thanks for the clarification

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was some discussion about Geno smiling at the end of the game when William hit the shot to win the game, which he attributed to, "of course she was going to make the shot"

I like to think that another thought might have occurred to Geno that, "Next year we're going to be really, really, really good."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Some explanation of Kalani Brown over Brionna Jones of MD is going to be necessary IMO.
Brown was quite an impressive force for Baylor and improved significantly during the year - against MSS she was unstoppable, but Baylor had trouble getting her the ball in the later stages of the game - it seemed every time they did, she scored easily against a pretty good front line as we just found out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom