Threads that are OT or general interest.. | The Boneyard

Threads that are OT or general interest..

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The rules are more relaxed in the off season regarding OT threads. It’s always been so. Otherwise there’d be little discussion. The general interest posts are the same. While technically posts on non-UConn teams should go on the sub-forum, it’s ok if a few get posted here especially if it’s a team like the defending champions or teams we discuss a lot.

By the way, the board is moderated. We don’t need self-appointed assistant mods to tell others what to do or not do

On edit: I’ve seen some posts where someone will chastise another person for an OT thread or for posting general interest info, saying that the post “isn’t about UConn basketball”. A lot of these folks are fairly new here. The Boneyardmhas been around over 20 years and we’ve become not only a fan forum but a community. We talk about stuff, usually basketball but also about things we think others might be interested in. This is especially the case in the off season. Use this time to get to know each other and have some fun.

Once the season draws near, the mods (Biff, JS, or me) will remind you to start putting on-UConn threads on the other board and to cut back on OT threads. A few during the season are ok but we do get more strict about the number. And beginning next basketball season, if you want to talk about a non-basketball sport (football, soccer, golf, volleyball, etc) you need to take the thread to the appropriate Boneyard board or it will be moved. The exception to this is other UConn women’s teams (field hockey, ice hockey, soccer). An occasional thread on other UConn women’s sports is ok but we’re done discussing football here

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So if I wanted to start a thread about favorite Greek foods .. I can post it in this forum, as opposed to the general forum? Not that Im one to make many food threads.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
By the way, the board is moderated. We don’t need self-appointed assistant mods to tell others what to do or not do
So you mean some of them are NOT getting paid to "help us"? :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So if I wanted to start a thread about favorite Greek foods .. I can post it in this forum, as opposed to the general forum? Not that Im one to make many food threads.
In the off season, yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom