THR33'S | The Boneyard

THR33'S

Reaction Score
I know it's early in the season, but I wanted to guage everyone's thoughts on this years 3-point shooting success. We have attempted 21, 27 and 21 threes in all three games respectively. The past few years I would cringe when seeing those numbers, but maybe I came into this year with a bad impression of our ability to make 3's? Maybe it's a product of our fast tempo offense, where we get better looks in transition? Either way here are some numbers on the season, what do you think, sustainable? Should we be attempting 20-30 3's a game?

Season Avg: 50%
JA - 43% (with a 0-2 in game 1)
AG - 69% (wow)
TS - 43%
Tyler Phommachanh - 41%
CV - 33%
Eric Cobb - 100% (just had to put that in there)

Morehead State game we shot 33%, but keep in mind that's spread against 6 players who can all hit from range. UMKC game, we shot 44% (with CVs 1-8 performance), but as someone else said in another thread, you take out CV and the rest of the crew shot 11/19 (58%). Last night's game we shot the lights out obviously, and from deep. May have been more a product of the long zone defense, but our guys were confident and just put up shot after shot, shooting 57%.

Ball movement and fast tempo leads to better looks, but is this a new identity to the team? Or will our hot start even out over the season? Either way, I'm loving it right now. Looking for more tonight!

Reaction Score
I can’t remember the last time we’ve shot this well. So jacked up!!

Reaction Score
What was great about last night was that it seemed like the majority of open looks came from good ball movement and/or quality drives and kick outs. Very few were desperation 1-on-1 attempts like last year. As long as they’re moving the ball and finding the open man I have no problem with the number of attempts.

Reaction Score
We actually have a real offense this year plus the addition of Gilbert is huge. Our guards are breaking down the D, getting into the paint, and finding open shooters who have rhythm looks. Plus, the team is buying in and making the extra pass; there is no selfishness this year.

Makes a world of a difference compared to swinging it around the perimeter (or dribbling aimlessly) and jacking up a three as we did the last couple years.

Reaction Score
Ball movement and getting good, open looks makes a world of difference.

Reaction Score
AG, CV & JA had some boulders between their legs shooting some of those deep 3’s.

Reaction Score
The quality of look they're getting this year is magnitudes better than what they got last year. A lot of us said this throughout the offseason that the concern over three-point shooting was overblown. We've got guys that can shoot from outside as long as they're getting and taking teh open looks and not pulling up out of rhythm with a hand in their face at the end of the shot clock like last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom