Thoughts... | The Boneyard

Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This just isn't a very good team because they just can't do anything positive consistently.

To me very few have much pride on this team and it showed last night. To watch a team continuously go to the whole without you doing anything makes me sick. Especially when they are laughing at your expense and having a fn party at your expense. Make someone pay for wanting to dunk on you with minute left, have some balls and some pride will ya?!?!

We just found out why we aren't very good with guys like Samuel or Facey playing a lot. Why? Because they should be coming off the bench. Larry Brown made it look easy, offered TSam to shoot the ball all night and made sure Boat was being blanketed every time he moved. Who else is going to beat you?

Amida, for all the good, has such a LONG way to go it's scary. 4 steps back again, both ends of the court. Lost on defense when not blocking shots. On offense against physical guys the same.

Facey - about 5 replays with guys going to the basket he's guarding his guy like mad, right next to him watching the guy score. Really? HELP defense - duh?

I could go on and on but won't - Omar and Rodney made a couple 3's but stunk overall, sackless as is the whole team.

KO - sorry but you really going to allow these refs to make a fool of your players and team. At some point during this debacle he needed to get T'd up although thrown out would have been preferred. At some point in the 2nd half, knowing they were getting killed but also knowing they got home jobbed like mad, let them know you're not going to take it anymore. I mean JC wouldn't have lasted the first half. Your team is not playing well, there are many calls that are whacked against them to boot you need to support them, fire them up somehow. Disappointing - this was his chance, instead we get "the look" - pitiful!

Reality check - we need better players and fast! I'm good with DHam, Brimah and Rodney but best scenario is 2016-17 before we are players again. Scary

Reaction Score
Hopes for 2015-2016 have really declined since the start of the season. Could be a long year unless a few of our guys make big improvements in their development this summer. Ollie needs to be all in right now to find any recruit that can help immediately upon stepping on campus next year.

Last edited:

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This just isn't a very good team because they just can't do anything positive consistently.

To me very few have much pride on this team and it showed last night. To watch a team continuously go to the whole without you doing anything makes me sick. Especially when they are laughing at your expense and having a fn party at your expense. Make someone pay for wanting to dunk on you with minute left, have some balls and some pride will ya?!?!

We just found out why we aren't very good with guys like Samuel or Facey playing a lot. Why? Because they should be coming off the bench. Larry Brown made it look easy, offered TSam to shoot the ball all night and made sure Boat was being blanketed every time he moved. Who else is going to beat you?

Amida, for all the good, has such a LONG way to go it's scary. 4 steps back again, both ends of the court. Lost on defense when not blocking shots. On offense against physical guys the same.

Facey - about 5 replays with guys going to the basket he's guarding his guy like mad, right next to him watching the guy score. Really? HELP defense - duh?

I could go on and on but won't - Omar and Rodney made a couple 3's but stunk overall, sackless as is the whole team.

KO - sorry but you really going to allow these refs to make a fool of your players and team. At some point during this debacle he needed to get T'd up although thrown out would have been preferred. At some point in the 2nd half, knowing they were getting killed but also

knowing they got home jobbed like mad, let them know you're not going to take it anymore. I mean JC wouldn't have lasted the first half. Your team is not playing well, there are many calls that are whacked against them to boot you need to support them, fire them up somehow. Disappointing - this was his chance, instead we get "the look" - pitiful!

Reality check - we need better players and fast! I'm good with DHam, Brimah and Rodney but best scenario is 2016-17 before we are players again. Scary

I really think time has well passed that useless Ward put together a case, backed by film, showing the UConn is being repeatedly jobbed by the refs in this league and present this case to the commissioner and demand that some of the refs be replaced. The commissioner doesn't seem to understand that when Larry Brown is calling the game from the sidelines as a coach that he has a serious problem.

Reaction Score
Larry B did his job. In the 2nd half I believe the play was an OOB's on SMU and he stopped the referee from handing the ball to UConn to get the ball in bounds, he wanted an explanation from him. Then he agreed, shook his head yes and patted the guy. 10 seconds later that guy called a travel on Calhoun that was not a travel. Why? Because of Larry. KO needs to learn how to play chess with these guys rather than looking at his guys with that frustrating look. Make them know you agree on some of the bad calls once in a while.

Reaction Score
I really think time has well passed that useless Ward put together a case, backed by film, showing the UConn is being repeatedly jobbed by the refs in this league and present this case to the commissioner and demand that some of the refs be replaced. The commissioner doesn't seem to understand that when Larry Brown is calling the game from the sidelines as a coach that he has a serious problem.
UConn has never been post game cry babies.

If our coach ain't complaining (although he needs to) I won't either. Frustrating yes, but Ollie seems indifferent to how his players are being treated.

Warde or anyone else can't change perception or awareness only our coach.

Reaction Score
I would've liked to see KO get T'd up and preferably thrown out last night. He seems to agree with the crooked refs instead of protecting his own players sometimes. I'm glad he showed restraint but in the heat of the moment part of me was hoping RP layed out that punk bit**ch Moore.

Reaction Score

KO - sorry but you really going to allow these refs to make a fool of your players and team. At some point during this debacle he needed to get T'd up although thrown out would have been preferred. At some point in the 2nd half, knowing they were getting killed but also knowing they got home jobbed like mad, let them know you're not going to take it anymore. I mean JC wouldn't have lasted the first half. Your team is not playing well, there are many calls that are whacked against them to boot you need to support them, fire them up somehow. Disappointing - this was his chance, instead we get "the look" - pitiful!

Normally, I don't like to get into the game of criticizing the refs but they were pretty bad against Uconn. On occasion, you could see that the bad calls took the fight out of us. Shame on us for allowing that to happen but it did. Even the announcers were astounded at some of the call. I have to agree that KO needs to get more vocal. It would not have made a difference in this game but it would have been a positive message for the players.

Reaction Score
It's very simple. Not enough talent. To many projects. No outside shooting. RP just isn't a good second option.

Boat excluded

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's very simple. Not enough talent. To many projects. No outside shooting. RP just isn't a good second option.

Boat excluded

What's scary is that I envision next season being more of the same and then Hamilton and Brimah declaring for the draft.

Just not sure when we're going to see the next big time UConn team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you re-watch any JC UConn games (Like I do in this horrid season), you'll see that we got A LOT of terrible calls and calls in general. Calhoun played a role in that for sure.

Reaction Score
So that is your analysis of why T Sam, Facey and Brimah were terrible.

Facey is terrible, his defense is such a negative and his offense is one dimensional, weak side put backs. He's the epitome of why this team is so bad. A 6-9 206lb starting 4 who wouldn't get 5 mins a game on any other top 25 team.

If you re-watch any JC UConn games (Like I do in this horrid season), you'll see that we got A LOT of terrible calls and calls in general. Calhoun played a role in that for sure.

Reaction Score

Facey is terrible, his defense is such a negative and his offense is one dimensional, weak side put backs. He's the epitome of why this team is so bad. A 6-9 206lb starting 4 who wouldn't get 5 mins a game on any other top 25 team.

What did you read into CT's post? I mean how did you determine what you wrote from his discussion on Jim Calhoun?

Reaction Score
The stupid excuses about refs and fouls

Oh really, is that the reason Brimah, Facey and T Sam are bad. I do think Brimah has major potential, but not T Sam and Facey. I feel bad for D Ham, he thought he was coming to a big time program

What did you read into CT's post? I mean how did you determine what you wrote from his discussion on Jim Calhoun?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Wasn't the purpose of my original post, but okay. Brimah wouldn't get 10 minutes on a legit Top25 team either...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We need more guys with an edge like Boatright. We have too many nice (read: soft) players on this team. I hope we focus our recruiting on cocky players who take losing personally and want to kick at ass%s of their opponents. Unfortunately, I'm not sure these type of players will pass Ollie's God-fearing litmus test (or admission standards).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It really looks like a p!ssing contest between the players and coaches. It's year three of Ollie and we saw how Napier, Boatright, Giffey and Daniels all grew as players physically and emotionally. Ollie and his staff can coach and teach. I'm not worried about that.

This year's team chemistry is similar to the 2011-2012 which not coincidentally was the year after championship #3. It looks like the players are comfortable losing. Their body language is horrible and as other's have noted, the players are repeating the same mistakes over and over. Purvis with the catching the ball out of bounds? Seriously, WTF? He's in his third year of college and doesn't understand where he is on the court.

Calhoun needs to watch endless hours of Rashad Anderson tape and practice what Anderson did. Anderson always caught the ball with his feet set for a three. Did he always take it? No. And when he took it, did he always make it? No. But the defense always had to close out hard on him because of the threat. Calhoun's footwork is horrible. By the time he gets in to triple threat position, it's too late. He isn't athletic enough to go around defenders and can't pass either.

Obviously no one on this board is around the team to know what the root causes are, but the results of the problem stare at us almost every game.

Reaction Score
What's staring us in the face is we are out manned in most games. He's the bottom line.

Tsam is a liability. No shot and doesn't finish in traffic. On top I that he isn't a lock down defender. Shouldn't be on the floor. 3rd guard at best.

RP is at best streaky. He can hit the wide open 3. But is a late first half second Hal player. But we have seem more not showing up at all the what I mentioned above.

Dham is talented but needs someone like Kemba or Bazz to control him. As much as I live Boat he isn't the same leader as the other 2.

Facey is just not ready. He needed another year to grow. DD leaving really hurt his development.

Brimah is raw and limited. He can't pass out if the block. I'd weak with hid back to the basket. Other than dunking and a decent short jump shot that's it in offense. And the problem there is sometimes we have to get him the ball and if it doesn't leave his hands quick turnover waiting to happen. And yes, he blocks shots. But because it's mostly someone else's man, his man gets many offensive rebounds.

Phil I'd also limited. Can't jump. And get his shot blocked or travels more than even getting the ball to the glass. On D he doesn't rebound. If he can't take s charge we get nothing.

Yes I was second guessing KO last night but really all I wanted him to do was cuss out the players. Because quite frankly there just isn't enough talent. And yes he is the one responsible for putting these players in the floor. But we can't forget what impact the sanctions had to this roster.

Reaction Score

Brimah would play significant minutes on several top teams. He's a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom