Thoughts? | The Boneyard

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I’ll refrain from my usual sarcasm. What is up with posts here and on football board? What are the true reasons posters are advocating turning down a possible NIT bid and upset that we scheduled one football game against one of the storied programs?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I’ll refrain from my usual sarcasm. What is up with posts here and on football board? What are the true reasons posters are advocating turning down a possible NIT bid and upset that we scheduled one football game against one of the storied programs?
Who doesn’t want to go to the NIT? Winning that would be huge right now. Also, why wouldn’t you want to play against the best?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Because we are self loathing.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for a post that knocks an appearance in the NIT. Yeah, yeah. NCAA is better, but after a long post-season drought, I'd welcome it.

Here it is in all its glory. HOF of bad takes

I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.

Reaction Score
Would love to see the players’ reactions, a group that has never experienced a winning season or post season tournament play, when Hurley tells them that he’s decided to turn down an NIT invite.

Reaction Score
I think you had one maybe two posters that were advocating turning down an NIT and i suspect they both don’t fundamentally understand that more time practicing and playing together is good for a team. Trey could also have been drunk because thats how logical their arguments were.

The OSU issue im sure is that nobody wants to get piss pounded. The programs has become a guarantee game for real programs.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I said from the beginning of this year that getting into the NIT should be the goal based on the results of the recent seasons and winning postseason games would be gravy. We can still win the AAC tourney, but making the NIT would be great as well

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The OSU issue im sure is that nobody wants to get piss pounded. The programs has become a guarantee game for real programs.
And the FB-only crowd doesn't understand that we were NEVER a real program in the eyes of those who came first.

Reaction Score
1583332503384.gif

Reaction Score
Quite simple really, some who chime in on this forum have obviously never played or coached a sport. They are fans, fair whether for the most part that do not see things from a teams or coaches point of view.

They do not understand when dad asks "who's my boy gonna play?" Having teams like Michigan and Ohio St on the schedule are some of the best recruiting tools we have right now. That and the much needed ching.
They do not understand that for a team on the up rise that has worked their basketballs off, unless they make the dance The NIT is a gift from the basketball gods.

One could suggest BB For Dummies or FB For Dummies which are informative books but will not instill the desire of challenge into the reader. No personal attack on those that want to avoid top tear teams or lesser tournaments. Glad for the sporting world they are in the minority.

@CTMike
Because some are self loathing.
FIFY ;)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
14th rule of posting -- Don't honor the trolls by repeating nonsense

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Would love to see the players’ reactions, a group that has never experienced a winning season or post season tournament play, when Hurley tells them that he’s decided to turn down an NIT invite.
Would love to see you post a video of it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you jinx us I’m going to come to your house and kick your dog.

Reaction Score
It's people who forgot that sports are suppose to be fun.

It's people who think acting like the Soviet hockey team is a good idea that the below is a bad one.

miracle-on-ice-celebration.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom