Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts

Reaction Score
If KO survives a number of things have to happen next season in order to turn this nightmare around and get back to playing UCONNbasketball.

Gilbert has a 100% recovery
Adams comes back
Vital developed more basketball IQ and composure and uses his talent more efficiently
Larrier finds game, Polly too! (Talk about a need for mental toughness)
Young bigs Carlton, Whaley, Diarra and Cobb take what they learned, learn how to score and make a Quantum leap in 2018.
Sidney Wilson contributes as advertized
Incoming recruits James Akinjo, Lukas Kisunas and Emmitt Mathews Jr.
exhibit emmense talent and mental toughness!
Finally, Coaching improvements, especially in developing bigs!

And Kwintin Williams has to leave, otherwise we're trying to squeeze 14 people into 13 scholarships.

Rather see KO go and take Cobb and Larrier with him -- two proven unteachables. A new coach might enjoy working with Williams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And Kwintin Williams has to leave, otherwise we're trying to squeeze 14 people into 13 scholarships.

Rather see KO go and take Cobb and Larrier with him -- two proven unteachables. A new coach might enjoy working with Williams.

Larrier ain't gonna be here. So there's your schollie.

The G-League will give anyone with his height, reach, and soft stroke a shot.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He fell in love with the Grad transfer thing. Probably cause he doesn't like the recruiting grind. Weird because in the NBA he was nothing but a grinder. He doesn't seem to have the appetite for recruiting trail.
Interesting thought. The oddest thing I find in all of this is a former PG coaches his team to second from last in assists

Reaction Score
Interesting thought. The oddest thing I find in all of this is a former PG coaches his team to second from last in assists
I've followed recruiting since the Street and Smith magazine days. The one thing Calhoun was known for was being a fixture at the recruiting camps. His 1st big class that got us on the map was the Donyell Marshall, Donny Marshall, Brian Fair, Rudy Johnson, Boo Willingham, Kevin Ollie class. They were literally from every corner of the country.

We just read that Squid visited Diallo as much as KO. That is laziness if true.

Reaction Score
You could put Bob Cousy and Oscar Robinson in their prime as point guards on this team and it still goes nowhere. Who does the scoring? Who rebounds? Who defends in the paint? Would s true point make them somewhat better? Probably but the problems are far deeper than no point guard. For that matter who would he pass to besides Adams?

In this scenario Oscar would do all three, but I get your point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom