Thoughts vs Zags | The Boneyard

Thoughts vs Zags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO needs to stomp a little. Not happy with his friendly demeanor while getting screwed. Most like to get kissed when they get screwed, but he needs to get in some faces. (I know I already said it, still not happy)

Think we might want to get Miller the ball more on the low post? He just had a tremendous game vs the biggest lineup in college basketball, maybe all of basketball. For those who wondered if he was only an "Ivy League" player taste the crow. Superb effort from him on both ends.

Jalen was the catalyst during the run, a great sign for the future. Stepped up and was the man when he had to be. The runner is Lamb-like and he also can D up out on the perimeter and will only get better. Needs to have that confidence all the time.

DHam had a rough one. Did the usual good things but made bad decisions on both ends and was weak on the D end staying with his guy. Need to depend on him to be a leader. The 3? Well not a good shot.

Rodney was also inconsistent. Needs to make up his mind when going to the middle as to what he will do with it. Turned it over on an awful pass with a chance to tie with plenty of time left and not needing a 3. Also got lost on a low pick and didn't fight through it at the end where I believe Wiltjer ended with an easy hoop. He's tougher than that and needs to be.

Sterling was not good, never in rhythm and missed 2 lefty bunnies. The offense had no flow and people were dribbling too much so not all on him but he needs to take the ball and lead when this is happening. Had a 3 prior to Karn's block and should have taken the 26 footer right away. Off game but he'll be fine.

Amida started ok, lost the first rebound with no hands but recovered and had 2 nice boards, one on a box out and the other in traffic as well as a catch and lay. Then he was schooled by their bigs for a while but was part of the come back the last 8 minutes with some nice play. Need him to be consistent and we know that.

Kentan was again solid on the offensive end, active and plays over the rim. Played hard on D but not smart, but he's a nice piece off the bench without a doubt.

Steve E has to play more. Not sure how much but this kid can't sit with a zero next to his "Minutes". He's a horse, doesn't get moved easy and can move people. He will be very good.

Sam and Omar - certain games they won't be factors or get a chance.

To summarize, get the ball more to Miller on the low post. Get Jalen and Sterling more minutes together. And bounce back with some huge wins in December, they will this is a good team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Amida started ok, lost the first rebound with no hands but recovered and had 2 nice boards, one on a box out and the other in traffic as well as a catch and lay. Then he was schooled by their bigs for a while but was part of the come back the last 8 minutes with some nice play. Need him to be consistent and we know that.

Let the record show that mau complimented Brimah one time. ;)

Reaction Score

KO
needs to stomp a little. Not happy with his friendly demeanor while getting screwed. Most like to get kissed when they get screwed, but he needs to get in some faces. (I know I already said it, still not happy)

This. We are going to be on the losing side of a couple more 2-4 point games if he doesn't start working officials more. Maybe I am too used to Calhoun's death threats against the zebras but it gets you calls. Even if it's a legit call you gotta stand up for your players so they get calls later on. We are not getting the calls to make up for our mistakes. It makes a difference when you lose 2 games by 6 points.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agree with pretty much all of that mau. And would add that KO needs to be less frenetic with the lineup changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom