Getting killed inside and on the boards
Zone was a good call by coach
They are bigger and stronger
They are forcing us to take bad shots
Vital is outmatched athletically @DaveHuskiesFan
Gilbert has made some really bad decisions
The freshman have a big job this game maybe too much weight for them
Carlton not playing big enough inside.
We look extremely uncomfortable on offense they are imposing there will on us defensively

Reaction Score
Yeah our upperclassman guards gotta do better man. Vital took some shots that just got me scratching my head. We should of played a lot more zone that half.

Reaction Score
Getting killed inside and on the boards
Zone was a good call by coach
They are bigger and stronger
They are forcing us to take bad shots
Vital is outmatched athletically @DaveHuskiesFan
Gilbert has made some really bad decisions
The freshman have a big job this game maybe too much weight for them
There have been some really stupid fouls that put us in a bad spot as well.

Reaction Score
This has disaster written all over it if we don’t make adjustments in the second half or actually make some shots. Very frustrating so far

Reaction Score
Vital is having a bad game. So is Al. Too many bad shots, too much ball stopping.

missing open shots vs a defense Like Xavier is a recipe for disaster.

I think we need to go to zone on defense. Make it harder to get into the middle, force a poor 3pt shooting team to take them.

Reaction Score
Eh they’re a very not stupid team. They don’t gift points and do nothing impressively well.

we’re an incredibly stupid team that occasionally gifts points and does noting impressively well.

Reaction Score
We are going to be nothing until our guards realize what a good shot is. As a team we need to know how to run offense when we neeed a good possession. We were disciplined against Florida and Buffalo. Now that their bellies are full they are back to bad habits. We also need the Elton Brand defense for Jones.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We should be down by a lot more. Just need to get hot from 3.

Reaction Score
Plus one more thing. I don’t know what it is, I gotta look closer. I don’t know if it’s the ball handlers, or our bigs. I really hope we can stop the moving screens.

Reaction Score
Bouknight still looks good. That drive and dish to Whalley was impressive. Unfortunately Whalley couldn't finish. I think Wilson should be getting more of Whalleys minutes

Reaction Score
Vital is having a bad game. So is Al. Too many bad shots, too much ball stopping.

missing open shots vs a defense Like Xavier is a recipe for disaster.
Do you think as a guard the athleticism (height and quickness) of Xavier is bothering Vital. Bc I do

Reaction Score
Game was fine until the 12 minute mark when he masses subbed a lineup where we all knew no one was scoring. Sitting court side and we all said the same thing when the lineup came in. All on Hurley at this point. Anyone who doesn’t understand that is not at the game.

Reaction Score
Vital with 8 rebounds at halftime. Next best 2. Gilbert's drives are killing us and it just doesn't seem that Hurley agrees. I'd like to see extended time in the second half with Adams-Vital-Bouknight-Carlton-Akok. If you end up with the ball in Whaley's hands, Gilbert at the rim, or taking a contested 3 a few seconds into a possession, UConn kills it's own chances.

Reaction Score
Thread on keys to the game yesterday:
Passing on offense. When our offense gets stagnant, we score less, and that leads to transition opportunities the other way.

At the end of the 1st half against Florida, we were really moving the ball and scoring, which gave us energy to get stops and prevent runouts, and then we moved the ball more, etc. It's a positive reinforcing cycle.

In the 2nd half, we took a bunch of bad midrange jumpers and they made a comeback run.

9 turnovers, 6 assists in the 1st half.

Gilbert breaking his man down and then either A) driving into the paint and getting blocked or B) taking a pull-up long 2. Vital catching the ball on the wing in semi-transition against a set defense and basically no rebounders, bombs away.

Blech.

Reaction Score
Do you think as a guard the athleticism (height and quickness) of Xavier is bothering Vital. Bc I do

Handling the ball, absolutely. Shooting wise, I think he’s forcing bad shots and missing his open ones. I don’t think that’s due to the athleticism of Xavier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom