Thoughts on this weekend at the Dance? | The Boneyard

Thoughts on this weekend at the Dance?

Reaction Score
Some crazy stuff happening out there, lots of fun. Could have been a couple of others too if the likes of UNCG, C of C and the Jackrabbits could've made plays down the stretch.

Anyway couple of quick thoughts going into the weekend:

* If Cal can't get this team to the Elite 8 now he's not a good coach. Whine all you want about "their just freshman" but with Buffalo and KSU/UMBC only in your way let's see what you got. I actually would like KSU in this bracket if Dean Wade was healthy but he won't be.
Cindy will have it rough with Nevada now, the Wolfpack didn't play well and found a way, they are dangerous. I like Tennessee in this bracket but again, Loyola Chicago has nothing to lose.
I hate to say Kentucky vs Vols in the South finals.

* Xavier FSU could be a real good game, if Leonard could coach a little. FSU is talented but inconsistent while XU has been pretty consistent. Ohio St and Gonzaga can beat themselves up but it will be for no apparent reason. Think XU's game vs FSU is tougher than their Sweet 16 game would be.
Beilien and Michigan can find a defensive scheme to stop Gray, or can they? This is actually a pretty good one to watch, think UH can hang in there but don't think either plays in the Elite 8. AM and UNC is actually a really good game if that good AM team shows up. Kennedy has talent let's see what he does with it. Problem is Roy is loaded and they will get to the elite 8 I do believe on pure talent alone, they have to lol.
XU vs UNC finals

* I'm sorry I am going to make this one short and sweet. Nova is being spoon fed to the Elite 8 and without going on a limb, the FF. Mark this one down with Haas going down Purdue lost their potential advantage and the match ups are perfect for Villanova they really area. I am not taking away they are a very good team and I'd love to see them get beat, but their road is paved.
Nova vs Butler in the East finals.

* 3 of the best teams left are in the Midwest in KU, Duke and MSU. Kansas now got screwed as a 1 here I'm afraid. KU has no issues to the Elite 8 - The Hall is very good but not good enough, Auburn can't shoot straight anymore and Pearl is an awful coach while Clemson is solid but inconsistent. Good news for the other 3 is KU is the least consistent of the 4 #1's so you never know.
Please Izzo blow out the Cuse, that was just an awful job by Jamie to prepare his team for the zone, TCU was putrid. I will tell you this, MSU will need to make shots obviously and they aren't a great shooting team minus headband guy #5 that killed us. But their size inside will own the boards, they will defend Brissette and Battle to take them out for the most part. Hate rooting for Izzo at all but look at the alternative. Hope URI finds a way but unfortunately I can see the freshman bigs taking it to them in this one so Duke will prevail. MSU/Duke is a beauty and I hope they go into 211 OT's and people are too tired to play the rest of the tourney.
Duke vs KU finals

Will be a fun day - Shamrock shakes, car bombs, Guiness and college basketball. Gott love it.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kansas only -5
Michigan is -3 over Yustin
Gonzaga a 3.5 fave over OSU
Tennesse is -5
Kentucky is -6
Tech -1.5

Nova and Duke are 11.5 and 9.5.

Reaction Score
Some crazy stuff happening out there, lots of fun. Could have been a couple of others too if the likes of UNCG, C of C and the Jackrabbits could've made plays down the stretch.

Anyway couple of quick thoughts going into the weekend:

* If Cal can't get this team to the Elite 8 now he's not a good coach. Whine all you want about "their just freshman" but with Buffalo and KSU/UMBC only in your way let's see what you got. I actually would like KSU in this bracket if Dean Wade was healthy but he won't be.
Cindy will have it rough with Nevada now, the Wolfpack didn't play well and found a way, they are dangerous. I like Tennessee in this bracket but again, Loyola Chicago has nothing to lose.
I hate to say Kentucky vs Vols in the South finals.

* Xavier FSU could be a real good game, if Leonard could coach a little. FSU is talented but inconsistent while XU has been pretty consistent. Ohio St and Gorgonzola can beat themselves up but it will be for no apparent reason. Think XU's game vs FSU is tougher than their Sweet 16 game would be.
Beilien and Michigan can find a defensive scheme to stop Gray, or can they? This is actually a pretty good one to watch, think UH can hang in there but don't think either plays in the Elite 8. AM and UNC is actually a really good game if that good AM team shows up. Kennedy has talent let's see what he does with it. Problem is Roy is loaded and they will get to the elite 8 I do believe on pure talent alone, they have to lol.
XU vs UNC finals

* I'm sorry I am going to make this one short and sweet. Nova is being spoon fed to the Elite 8 and without going on a limb, the FF. Mark this one down with Haas going down Purdue lost their potential advantage and the match ups are perfect for Villanova they really area. I am not taking away they are a very good team and I'd love to see them get beat, but their road is paved.
Nova vs Butler in the East finals.

* 3 of the best teams left are in the Midwest in KU, Duke and MSU. Kansas now got screwed as a 1 here I'm afraid. KU has no issues to the Elite 8 - The Hall is very good but not good enough, Auburn can't shoot straight anymore and Pearl is an awful coach while Clemson is solid but inconsistent. Good news for the other 3 is KU is the least consistent of the 4 #1's so you never know.
Please Izzo blow out the Cuse, that was just an awful job by Jamie to prepare his team for the zone, TCU was putrid. I will tell you this, MSU will need to make shots obviously and they aren't a great shooting team minus headband guy #5 that killed us. But their size inside will own the boards, they will defend Brissette and Battle to take them out for the most part. Hate rooting for Izzo at all but look at the alternative. Hope URI finds a way but unfortunately I can see the freshman bigs taking it to them in this one so Duke will prevail. MSU/Duke is a beauty and I hope they go into 211 OT's and people are too tired to play the rest of the tourney.
Duke vs KU finals

Will be a fun day - Shamrock shakes, car bombs, Guiness and college basketball. Gott love it.
I think the Florida/Tech winner is dangerous to Nova. Probably more so Florida if they are lucky enough to beat Tech in DALLAS. Great senior guards. They have a tough draw with Texas Tech though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom