Thoughts on the NPOY (again) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the NPOY (again)

Reaction Score
Compared with other competitors, Paige has a really consistent performance in the tournament vs her regular season. I think it will add bonus point. And she will have a great chance to get her first NPOY in college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Obviously, she's one of 5. Hard to be NPOY without being 1st team all-American. I say IMO, throw out the Baylor player and the NC State center (all due respect) That leaves 3. Boston, Paige, and Evans.
Now, PLEASE SOMEONE definitively announce how the voting for this award goes. When does voting start? When does voting conclude? I read that voting is open until the conclusion of the semi-final games. Please correct me!!!
Frankly, how can we intellectually discuss this topic without highlighting the rules of the vote. (sorry, I love ya oldude)
Again frankly, this award ain't worth the metal it was molded out of, if voters aren't allowed to see the players perform on the biggest stage. If I find something to be senseless or meaningless, I ignore it. Even at work. This award HAS TO include the tournament.
BTW I feel something epic rumbling in the ground!! (knock on wood)
As I see it,
Obviously, she's one of 5. Hard to be NPOY without being 1st team all-American. I say IMO, throw out the Baylor player and the NC State center (all due respect) That leaves 3. Boston, Paige, and Evans.
Now, PLEASE SOMEONE definitively announce how the voting for this award goes. When does voting start? When does voting conclude? I read that voting is open until the conclusion of the semi-final games. Please correct me!!!
Frankly, how can we intellectually discuss this topic without highlighting the rules of the vote. (sorry, I love ya oldude)
Again frankly, this award ain't worth the metal it was molded out of, if voters aren't allowed to see the players perform on the biggest stage. If I find something to be senseless or meaningless, I ignore it. Even at work. This award HAS TO include the tournament.
BTW I feel something epic rumbling in the ground!! (knock on wood)
Why would you throw out Cunane when her numbers are clearly better than Boston? ( except for rebounds and blocks) Also, it looks like the Baylor girl has at least comparable numbers as well! I guess playing for SC somehow gives you extra credit.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't vote for Aari McDonald as National POY, but Aari has twice been named PAC-12 Defensive POY, or, co-defensive POY in PAC-12.
Agreed! Paige has made huge progress and I wouldn’t trade her for three McDonald’s but claiming that she’s a better defensive player than a two time PAC 12 defensive player of the year is two or three bridges too far!

Reaction Score
Aari McDonald shoots less than 40% from the floor and less than 30% from 3. Great defense, but not a balanced player. Paige may not be a great defensive player, but her overall game is superior to Aari's.
Is anyone arguing against that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom