Thoughts on the First Round | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the First Round

Reaction Score
I think Geno is handling things pretty well. Starting Paige makes sense but they do need to keep up the defensive intensity. If you think back to the beginning of the year Paige was our best guard defender. She will ramp things up defensively when needed. Surely the benefits of her game outweigh any deficiencies compared to any other players Geno could play instead. Being a little cautious with her body is appropriate. She was throwing her body around everywhere to make Geno happy and look what happened. These kids are not disposable cogs in a machine. How is she going to hit that 3 at the end of the game if she has nothing left in the tank? She was fantastic those first 6 games but it cost us.

The biggest reason why we didn't win that Carribean tournament was lack of depth. I think that problem has been solved. I think Geno has a plan and he has already started implementing it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Why the obsession with a 20+ point scorer?

We have at least 7 - 8 players who can light it up on any given night. We have the potential for 5 players or more to score in double digits every night. People it's called balanced scoring. It means opponents can't double team a Paige or an Azzi or a Christyn. Or they can double team but that means someone is unguarded.

For all the complaints of not using and developing the bench, we go 9 deep. Going 9 deep means the scoring is going to be spread out. It means we can use pressure defense the entire game if needed.

And finally, my pet peeve - Nika being negated by some. Like it or not, she is going to play a lot. Geno has stated many times this season she is the leader of the team. Her energy in infectious. The team feeds off of her energy. The players have said it many, many times. Her intensity on defense reaks havoc with opponents.

Rant over!

Reaction Score
We will see regarding Nika. One thing we all agree on is that she’s a terrific kid and we are all glad she’s on the team.

Reaction Score
Two reasons why CW and others are getting so many open looks are 1) Option A is for CW to drive past them and 2) the other teams are going to shut down the open looks to Azzi and Paige first.

Reaction Score
My son, who doesn't really follow WCBB, pointed out the obvious: The top teams get to play the first two rounds on their home courts! Hence, it is virtually impossible for lower seeds to get an upset, as reflected in the results. Isn't WCBB scheduled to move away from this practice in the near future?
Huh? Upsets are just that. Home court or not. I’m confused.

Reaction Score
“If you think back to the beginning of the year Paige was our best guard defender.”

When? Nika has been our best guard defender IMO. Not so much a score threat unfortunately.

Reaction Score
“If you think back to the beginning of the year Paige was our best guard defender.”

When? Nika has been our best guard defender IMO. Not so much a score threat unfortunately.
Paige had 16 steals in the first 6 games:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Question was about first round games. Today was second round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom