Thoughts on the first half I've seen this year... | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the first half I've seen this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cord cutting issues have prevented from truly seeing a game this year... Thanks to those who periscoped but this was the first I've been able to really watch. Kinda wished I hadn't.

Anyway, this is a pretty bad basketball team. We are utterly inept in the half court generally resorting to going one-on-one or starting our offense 30+ feet from the hoop. We had 3 or 4 straight possessions where we made 0 passes in the possession. Just someone going one-on-one and forcing a long jumper. Our bigs are useless offensively and we struggle to even complete passes at times. Not sure if KO is aware that an offense can have more than 2 people moving at the same time.

Jalen had maybe the worst half I've ever seen a PG have. 8 TOs? He does not have the handle to be a point guard.

We are bad defensively; especially our bigs. Going under screens, getting beat to the ball... Wayyy too many open 3's.

KO... What are you doing to help this team right now?

Without AG, we do not have anyone who can handle and make a play. RP and Jalen are below average handlers for their size and Vital is still pretty green.

Make a layup? Please?

This is as bad a UConn team as I can remember.

Reaction Score
This is the worst team i've seen since 1990. Honestly - it's just... I can't name anything they do well.

Perimeter passing is putrid. You can't go to anyone down low for reliable offense or defense. The guards are just a disaster. Unlike the bigs, they're young and therefore kind of stupid - but there's no flow to anything. They're literally just not capable of playing man to man and I've never seen a team get beat so badly off the dribble - perpetually.

And what's just most alarming to me - is this team just sucks at all the same things it's sucked at for the last two seasons. Just more. Because it's less developed talent. The offensive sets are bad. The feel for the flow of the game is terrible. There's flashes where the team's talent just takes over out of nowhere and they post up 15-20 points in three minutes; and then they just recede right back into the lazy passing around the perimeter - odd one on one matches and contested jumpers that result in zero second chance points. It's basically been the same narrative for three years now. Different pieces, but same narrative. And i'll be frank - this team looks completely and totally unprepared for competitive Division-1 basketball right now. Just total lack of preparedness for other team's sets, defensive looks and the like seriously scares me.

And honestly - it's all on the coaching staff. This keeps up - to me - I don't know how Ollie survives the year. This isn't bad, it's not a down year, it's just absolutely atrocious basketball on every level. You just can't have it. Not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom