Thoughts on the Big East teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on the Big East teams

Reaction Score
Marquette is vulnerable whenever their center goes to the bench. They try to compensate with disruptive defensive quickness and intensity and we will see if that works vs us and Creighton. In big games it will come down to 3 point shots falling for Creighton when another team like us can match Kalkbrenner. They are excellent from 3 but seem to have a clunker here and there like Colorado State. When I have watched PC, Hopkins has sucked, their center I'm not impressed, and the guards are frantic. Carter and Pierre are holding that team together and aren't enough. I predict PC gets 0 wins vs big 3. Nova should be better than they are. They get into the lane and kick the ball someplace else just like classic Nova teams, but it just doesn't work out the same. I think Dixon has lost too much weight. It might be better for his nba chances, but not as a center for nova. I'm happy for Butler fans that they can beat anybody but the big 3. St Johns just isn't jelling yet, they miss a lot of shots, and Soriano can have a bigger impact than he has. Nova and St Johns are the 2 most likely teams to trip up big 3 teams. Xavier maybe, but will lose a lot for reasons others have pointed out, I feel bad for their fans that they lost their season to injuries before it started. Hall will fall apart as a team after they lose a bunch. Depaul won't win a big east game and the coach will and should be out. Georgetown might come close here and there and end up winning 4-5x.
How many PC games have you watched? Pierre just came back(missed the last 3 games)and getting back into shape, he hasn't played that well since Wisconsin. Hopkins has been inefficient in spots but still putting up numbers. Carter is way better player than last season and a better shooter. Don't know how your not impressed with Oduro, probably the best passing big in the BE and can shoot it, post moves, does everything......what's with the love affair with Creighton. Idk just never been scared of them since they join the BE. PC always plays them well. Whose Ashworth, Miller, Baylor and the rest guarding.....can they guard a Newton, Hopkins, Kolek, Castle(fan) Cam Jones, Villanova wings,etc etc attack everyone not named Alexander and play them physical.

Reaction Score
You are an experienced hoop guy and a real UConn fan. Love your scouting reports. You really think DH might play more than one possession of zone? I would think not a chance
Fair point.

Another strategy, when playing man, players away from the ball can focus more on help defense, a "lazier" shell drill, if you will.

You can probably guess what I'm coaching today in practice :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom