Thoughts on Scholarship players | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Scholarship players

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Here’s a short summary: a subscription to the Athletic costs something like $3.99 for 50 years.
That's a great rate.

I saw $1/mo; $4.99/mo (annual rate after 7-day free trial; $7.99/mo; and general suggestion that half-price subscription are widely available.

Possibly, "Prices slightly lower west of the Mississippi?"

Reaction Score
You must be one of those people who doesn’t share their Netflix subscription.

The Athletic posts a ton of content on every sport you could possibly be interested in. Their writers - like 99% of writers - make next to nothing. A subscription is cheap as hell. So yeah, it irks me when people can't even be bothered to pay a couple bucks for stuff like that.

Reaction Score
The Athletic posts a ton of content on every sport you could possibly be interested in. Their writers - like 99% of writers - make next to nothing. A subscription is cheap as hell. So yeah, it irks me when people can't even be bothered to pay a couple bucks for stuff like that.

And they aren't asswipes like certain local reporters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not a huge fan of paying for content on the internet, but I will say that the (nominal) cost to benefit of Atlantic subscription is a good deal. I think it is $1/month for the first year.

Reaction Score
Fine with Martin and Cole being locker room leaders.

Come game time, I prefer if they're the fourth and fifth scoring options.

4th and 5th options? Am I missing something? Did we get 3 high profile transfers? Did the Arizona recruits commit to us?

All fun aside. That would be awesome. If they are our 4th and 5th option we should be playing in the final 4.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
4th and 5th options? Am I missing something? Did we get 3 high profile transfers? Did the Arizona recruits commit to us?

All fun aside. That would be awesome. If they are our 4th and 5th option we should be playing in the final 4.

Nope. Unfortunately.

Those who thought Hurley's game plan to keep the scores in the 60's last season when Bouk was out was insufferable will be worse off this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
Fine with Martin and Cole being locker room leaders.

Come game time, I prefer if they're the fourth and fifth scoring options.
Who do you think is on our roster?

Reaction Score
This thread is really depressing for fans of scoring the ball. But it’s great for rock fight fans! 60-57 nailbiters here we come!

hoping Diggins and Hawkins are ready to play big roles from the jump!

Reaction Score
I honestly don't get all the pessimism about a lack of scoring next year, we'll have plenty of options even if there's no elite scorer on the team

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cole and Sanogo should be the leading scorers, hopefully followed by a much improved Jackson. 4 and 5 are a more interesting conversation, it'll be a fight between Whaley, Martin, Polley, and probably Gaffney or Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Yea if Martin is our 4th leading scorer then we will be in pretty good shape and I’ll DEFINITELY be presently surprised

Reaction Score
dickinson was UM's leading scorer at 14 ppg. that could easily be sanogo for us with a couple other guys (cole, whaley) also averaging double figures. gaff, hawkins, polley, aj, martin, akok could have good scoring games any given night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin needs to be more of an Edmund Saunders type for us, but at SF. Be more of a glue guy than one if the top offensive options for us night in and night out. I think we were a little too dependent on him in that perspective. If he has a night here and there, sire, let him loose, but we need primary options on offense like Cole, hopefully Akok (he was coming on pretty strong pre-injury. Hope he gets it back) along with Sanogo (nice to see we've got a big with offensive game again, the new Emeka Okafor). Let the rest get in line to help fill up the stat sheet... BTW, I can see Gaffney taking his game to the next level his last 2 yes here too. UConn basketball has always been about STRONG guard play. So he & Cole might be going off this coming year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom