Thoughts on last night | The Boneyard

Thoughts on last night

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is it too early to complain about the refs? Yeah, probably shouldn't get on their case for an exhibition.

Things I liked.
  1. No standing on the perimeter and pounding the ball into the floor for 20 seconds before getting something going.
  2. No whining face on the coach.
  3. Run at every opportunity!
  4. Think I saw more drive and kick last night than in any four games last year.
  5. I haven't seen a box score, but it sure felt like we had a lot of assists.
  6. Alterique.
  7. Tarin.
  8. Dunks. Dunks are good. I'm especially happy that Kwintin got the opportunity to show us an in-game flush.
Things I didn't like so much.
  1. Slow start, especially on D.
  2. Offensive rebounding.
  3. Perimeter D was great, but interior D seemed to be a little too shot-block oriented for a team that doesn't have an Okafor, Thabeet, or even a Brimah.
  4. The slippery floor.

Reaction Score
Yeah Rich agree especially with #3. The bigs need to move their feet and get in from of the driver with the ball maybe even take a charge. Instead we saw a lot of guys trying to time the shot and block it. None of them have the ability to do that so please get back to the fundamentals. Add to that the fact that trying to block the shot takes you out of rebounding position especially when you miss the block.

One thing I forgot to mention is that one walk on #45 Agabousi or something kinda looked like he could play a little although it was a small sample size. Didn’t look like the normal walk on to me. Not saying he gets time but he looked comfy out there.

Reaction Score
Yeah Rich agree especially with #3. The bigs need to move their feet and get in from of the driver with the ball maybe even take a charge. Instead we saw a lot of guys trying to time the shot and block it. None of them have the ability to do that so please get back to the fundamentals. Add to that the fact that trying to block the shot takes you out of rebounding position especially when you miss the block.

One thing I forgot to mention is that one walk on #45 Agabousi or something kinda looked like he could play a little although it was a small sample size. Didn’t look like the normal walk on to me. Not saying he gets time but he looked comfy out there.
Used to have a drill to practice taking the offensive charge. Off player with ball walks the ball into D man squared up in proper position with wrestling mat behind D man to absorb the fall. Drawing the charge is the penultimate play for a defensive player.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
  1. Offensive rebounding.
  2. Perimeter D was great, but interior D seemed to be a little too shot-block oriented for a team that doesn't have an Okafor, Thabeet, or even a Brimah

These were virtual guarantees this year. And two of the biggest impediments to making the tournament this year.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is not fixed yet, until we see them play against bigger teams. Hurley will focus on these drills in the short term. Let’s see if they improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom