Thoughts from Bobby V's | The Boneyard

Thoughts from Bobby V's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will rematch it on tape, but I liked a lot of what I saw, effort and the bigs early AB jump hooks and tip in Kentan had a couple nice strong rebounds, got screwed on sone calls. Vital continues to struggle shooting but the kid plays hard. Jalen was really good in the first half, needs to get more than 6 shots in a half when he is playing that well.

The refs were putrid, can't wait to watch and replay some of the calls I almost threw up on. I mean moving picks galore on OSU and nothing, a shameful display of home job yet our guys still had their chance to win it but guys just don't step up and make plays when needed. Big men lost and all disappeared when it counts never a big rebound on either end. Rodney and CV couldn't make a shot when called upon and they tightened up on Vance one they saw he can make some shots. While I called out the refs our guys also made their own attempt at stupid fouls, not moving their feet and jumping before they guy even goes up to shoot the ball. Stay on your damn feet!

Tough loss, would have been a confidence builder going into the next stretch OOC games. Sucks Durham got sick coming off a nice game for him to build on and they certainly could've used the extra body.

Bigs can NOT allow 17/17 from Thompson, made him look like a superstar. He owned them.

Now I will watch it and see if a few Guiness and a Nutty Irishmen allowed me to be right on the live game without the replays of home!;)

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It is a tough loss. Ohio State adjusted well the second half on Adams. They locked up the inside. No easy lay ups like the first half. I rarely complain about the refs. Maybe from time to time debate a few bad or bang bang calls. However, Ohio State was not going to lose this game. In the second half I counted 3 fouls on our boys in one minute of play. I believe there were two back to back. The foul shooting difference was to huge to ignore. However the turnover ratio was disgusting. We need to take care of the ball. So turnovers and foul shooting killed our boys tonight.

Reaction Score
It is a tough loss. Ohio State adjusted well the second half on Adams. They locked up the inside. No easy lay ups like the first half. I rarely complain about the refs. Maybe from time to time debate a few bad or bang bang calls. However, Ohio State was not going to lose this game. In the second half I counted 3 fouls on our boys in one minute of play. I believe there were two back to back. The foul shooting difference was to huge to ignore. However the turnover ratio was disgusting. We need to take care of the ball. So turnovers and foul shooting killed our boys tonight.
The FT difference was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Mau the second you start drinking Black gold the eyesight begins to sharpen
I'll assume you had a better sightline then the refs

Good news is while trying to stay awake I have seen most of the first half on replay and there were some putrid calls. 2 travel calls which never happened - Jalen on the pass to the wing and Vance who awkwardly came to a stop on the baseline, they're bad calls only a ref looking for something would make. And the fouls, 2 which standout the first one - Enoch doing a great job of establishing position, the defender tries to roll around and walks into his extended arm which needs to be ready for a pass right, the arm did not move in an attempt to stop him so it's just not a foul. The arm has to be somewhere you can't establish with it on your side. I believe right there they let it be known it was going to be a long night with the whistles. Also the first foul on Vital on the defensive end where he was fighting to bet between the pick and his guy and when he was squeezing through Tate hip checked him and they called it the wrong way. There were others, but the fact our guys had the lead at halftime was a tribute to them playing hard and making some shots. There were so many I feel like I should watch again and take notes but I will get to the 2nd half later today, like when the Pats are on.;)

Reaction Score
How was the cuisine?

Not bad, the entrees seem to have dwindled and i was in a beef mood. They only have a flank and skirt steak and flank needs to be done just right or can be like rawhide. The others were a salmon or shrimp voodoo and marinated chicken breasts or pork loin, none of which have much description on the menu and with the game on I wasn't up for a quiz on my waiter. Went with a burger and a cup of NE Calm Chowder of which both were very good. My wife had a flatbread and some brussel sprouts which were tasty and I'm not a fan. My buddy a burger and a bowl of tomato bisque soup and burger, his wife a real nice looking salad, healthy looking LOL. Not bad bill was huge as this is one of the most expensive places to drink, never mind eat but whatever. Big screen,, front row, good fun and friends - besides the loss a pretty good night!

Reaction Score
Not bad, the entrees seem to have dwindled and i was in a beef mood. They only have a flank and skirt steak and flank needs to be done just right or can be like rawhide. The others were a salmon or shrimp voodoo and marinated chicken breasts or pork loin, none of which have much description on the menu and with the game on I wasn't up for a quiz on my waiter. Went with a burger and a cup of NE Calm Chowder of which both were very good. My wife had a flatbread and some brussel sprouts which were tasty and I'm not a fan. My buddy a burger and a bowl of tomato bisque soup and burger, his wife a real nice looking salad, healthy looking LOL. Not bad bill was huge as this is one of the most expensive places to drink, never mind eat but whatever. Big screen,, front row, good fun and friends - besides the loss a pretty good night!

the bobby vs in stamford? Their drinks were pretty in line with the bars in the area if not a little cheaper.

Reaction Score
The one time I went to windsor locks the food was good. Gazillion tv's with horse racing and soccer all over, good place. I want to try the comedy club, from what I hear there are some pretty funny comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom